Is this a rip off?

Old May 8th 13, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Is this a rip off?

Update: Dastan has a complex fracture that needs pinned- the op is
this morning at their own vets and will cost £300.

They're going to complain about the vet- it's not about the money but
not only did the vet bandage the wrong leg- he didn't say anything
about the fracture and let Alex take Dastan home without mentioning
it. Alex says suppose he'd assumed if the vet didn't say there was a
fracture then there wasn't a serious problem?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 8th 13, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/8/2013 4:20 AM, Lesley wrote:
Update: Dastan has a complex fracture that needs pinned- the op is
this morning at their own vets and will cost £300.

That sure beats £2000!

They're going to complain about the vet- it's not about the money but
not only did the vet bandage the wrong leg- he didn't say anything
about the fracture and let Alex take Dastan home without mentioning
it. Alex says suppose he'd assumed if the vet didn't say there was a
fracture then there wasn't a serious problem?

Lesley

I'd be complaining about the cost as well. I realize it was an
"emergency vet" due to the holiday but obviously not a competent vet!

Jill
Old May 10th 13, 11:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

The good new is Dastan is going home today

Old May 10th 13, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/10/2013 6:14 AM, Lesley wrote:
The good new is Dastan is going home today

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

That's great! Please keep us posted.

Jill
Old May 11th 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 5/8/2013 4:20 AM, Lesley wrote:
Update: Dastan has a complex fracture that needs pinned- the op is
this morning at their own vets and will cost £300.

That sure beats £2000!

They're going to complain about the vet- it's not about the money but
not only did the vet bandage the wrong leg- he didn't say anything
about the fracture and let Alex take Dastan home without mentioning
it. Alex says suppose he'd assumed if the vet didn't say there was a
fracture then there wasn't a serious problem?

Lesley

I'd be complaining about the cost as well. I realize it was an "emergency
vet" due to the holiday but obviously not a competent vet!

Jill

It always costs more on a Bank Holiday or a Sunday, as they have to fetch
nurses in but not by that much!

Old May 11th 13, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
The good new is Dastan is going home today

All fixed I hope?
I might have e-mailed the other vet asking him/her to explain why a) it
would have cost £2000 b) why they sent him home without advice that he had
a fracture c) why they bandaged the wrong leg.
If they replied I would forward the reply mail to the Royal College of
Veterinary Surgeons to prove my complaint.

It simply is not excusable on any level.