Louise Visit

Old March 10th 11, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Louise Visit

"Adam" wrote
cshenk wrote:
"Adam" wrote

And all or you, thank you very much from me, too. Right now it looks
like this coming Friday's scheduled visit to her doctor will be her
last one. Louise is 15 or so and is clearly dying.

She may be able to fail softly into the sweet night with no pain.

That would be nice -- that's what pretty much happened with Allegra, who
literally died with a smile. "Quality of life" will be an important part
of the decision. Generally animals indicate when it's time for the
Bridge. OTOH Lizzie died at home, but looking back I'm pretty sure she
was in pain for a while before that. We didn't know as much back then.

I understand. It can be hard to tell. I made a mistake once too by waiting
too long. It wasnt terribly obvious to my 20 year old self then, but in
retrospect it was. The only exoneration I can give was it was technically a
roomates cat but the roomate had wandered off 2 weeks before and didnt come
back until a month later. Her parents were pre-paying her share of the rent
but I booted her out as soon as I sobered her up. Legally, I didn't have a
right to have 'her' cat put to sleep. I should have done it anyways.

Old March 10th 11, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

"Adam" wrote

Basically not being able to have a cat is, to me, the biggest disadvantage
of having the transplant -- but I'm not willing to risk my life over it.
It's just another thing I'll have to accept. Somehow pet fish aren't quite
the same thing.

Adam, this is radical and it may take a bit, but put the word out to your
local rescue places that you are a serious candidate for any fully declawed
cat. Front and back. It's not reputably done but it *does* happen and they
also get found as homeless if they survive.

Dont do this *to* a cat (I am sure you would not) but consider them to offer
a home to. I had 2 of them I rescued from an asshole and one's still alive
age 23 just down the street from me. I rehomed her there in 2001 before
going to Japan.

I know it's a horrible thing to do to a cat, but you can also offer them a
loving forever home in safety if you find one who's been so abused then
abandoned.

Old March 10th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

one of the things i must regularily remind myself is that what is
legal,moral, just, and right, are not by their nature always the same thing,
soft

Old March 10th 11, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Weze furry sorri but ar sekretary bandoned us an jest kame bak.

But weze bin purrin hard fur LL, and fur her fambly. Diz iz a furry hard
tyme an weze heer fur yu.

Booker, Chappy an Snowflake

On 3/7/2011 1:43 PM, Adam wrote:
Fangu all. Purrz & waggas much 'preshiated.

Louise

==========

And all or you, thank you very much from me, too. Right now it looks
like this coming Friday's scheduled visit to her doctor will be her last
one. Louise is 15 or so and is clearly dying.

Adam

Old March 10th 11, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Weze share. Jest tell uz wen to teleport offur to yur place fur a bisit.

Booker, who will go anywhere an still be social, efen to da TED.

On 3/8/2011 8:23 PM, Adam wrote:
Storrmmee wrote:
your concerns are truly valid, and i didn't even think of scratches

Before the transplant (including while I was on dialysis), I was a
volunteer cat socializer at the local SPCA, and I occasionally got
scratched -- usually unintentionally but scratched nonetheless.

on the other paw... my mom has shogrums and takes medication that is
related
to rejection meds... so infection of any kind for any reason is a real
concern...

Old March 11th 11, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

It waz furry nice of yu tu go to da diffikulty of riting diz long post.
Weze no datz itz not so ez fur yu and dat it will meen lotz to LL an her
fambly.

Booker

On 3/8/2011 4:45 AM, Gandalf wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:56:08 -0500, wrote:

Hi evry1. I not feel 2 gud. Walkin hurtz& leepin furry difficult.
Evrything such effort,& gettin reel scrawny 2. I kum bak hir 2 make
shur govt runnin OK& offer few sujeschuns& get HKC VP.

I manely kum bak 2 say gbye 2 evry1.

Louise

Dis is Lorelei, an iz nu heer.

but mine hooman haz bin lurkkin fura furry, furry long timez.

iz sendin lotsa purz fur yurownself.

it soundz lik yuronwself is getin reddy tu mak teh bigbig twip tu da
Bridge.

dis maks miownself bery bery sadz.

butt i gnows dat da timez cumz fur ebery kitteh tu mak teh biggib twip
tu da Bridge, win yu getz old, or beriberi sik, an dere is lotsa pane.

so iffin itz yurownselfz tiem, den iz sendin bigbig purz fur it tu bee
eezi fur yuronself tu mak da twip ta da Bridge.

dere r fwee kittehs atta Bridge dat mine owne hoomin iz watein to seez
agin, day r Lucky, Blizzard, an a beri speshel an pritti calicoe kitteh,
Kenzie, woo habent ben atta Bridge bery longz heronwself, an dey are
gudgud kittehs, and dey wil mak yu welkum atta Bridge, win da tiem comez
fur yu.

Lorelei, wid da blu eyez.

Old March 11th 11, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

:
your concerns are truly valid, and i didn't even think of scratches, my
brother's cat came to him through his DIL, and she worked from kitten hood
to make scratching of any kind a bad thing and he has proven to be an only
cat... you do need good support to have these health issues and a pet
also... it really sucks one as concerned as yourself can't provide a home,
on the other paw... my mom has shogrums and takes medication that is
related
to rejection meds... so infection of any kind for any reason is a real
concern... i really am just thrilled you have done so well.
soft"

Adam"

Storrmmee wrote:
yes i have had a wild ride since the fire, and some family health
issues
that are pretty hard, losing tiger was the thing that almost put me
over
the
edge...

I understand... I've actually been over the edge a few times from far
less
important things.

i am so very glad your kidney is doing well, i have several friends
with transplants and the results are mixed at best, every week you get
is
a blessing...

I gather mine has gone about as smoothly as they go, especially after
reading some of the experiences on transplant lists and boards. It's
definitely a better quality of life than being on dialysis, which I was
for three years.

if you are ever able to make arrangements for a kitty look into the cat
genie for its sanitation, my brother had a kidney removed due to cancer
and
he is a very unstable diabetic, he got this device and says it had to
be
sent from G*D because you no longer touch any deposits of any kind,
soft

Thanks for the pointer! I'll keep that in mind, but there's still the
risk of airborne infections, as well as (even unintentional) scratches
or
bites. I've read some horror stories from other transplant recipients
who
dealt with pets, and I'm afraid of going through anything like those.
I'm
also concerned over who'd take care of it in case I need
rehospitalization.

Adam- -

I nEFFUr skratsh mine meowmie or enny hoomin, i furry gentul.
BUtted, da meowmie has unfurtunately pooted hur hand in da way ob mine
claws severul tymes when I bizzy doing things.
I so so sorry bout it, but not mine fawlt.
So I guess Mr. Adam is right. Not his fawlt, ob course.
Those things just happen, sigh.
Purrs fur Lovable Louise an her pawpaw.
MeOwy

oh mai, ai feal sew bad fur Unka Adam n Loveable Louise tew.
ai wish hym cud hab uh kitty tew but ai unnterstand ubaowt da I nfexshins n
habbing tew goh bak tew da horsepittil. Hym haz bein fru ulawt. sigh
ai gnow yew, MeOwy, mai wink, wudnt skrach yer meowmie r innybuddy on
purpoze eithur.
n wen yew sai yer sawry, dat wuz nise uff yew.
*nosepoink*
Mosey --ulso Purring for Adam n Loveable Louise

Old March 11th 11, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Sayme heer Booker
Mosey

On 3/8/2011 8:23 PM, Adam wrote:
Storrmmee wrote:
your concerns are truly valid, and i didn't even think of scratches

Before the transplant (including while I was on dialysis), I was a
volunteer cat socializer at the local SPCA, and I occasionally got
scratched -- usually unintentionally but scratched nonetheless.

on the other paw... my mom has shogrums and takes medication that is
related
to rejection meds... so infection of any kind for any reason is a real
concern...

Basically not being able to have a cat is, to me, the biggest
disadvantage of having the transplant -- but I'm not willing to risk my
life over it. It's just another thing I'll have to accept. Somehow pet
fish aren't quite the same thing.

Adam

louise John Ross Mc Master Cat community 1 February 24th 10 04:05 AM
Hey Louise?? John Ross Mc Master Cat community 19 August 19th 09 04:34 AM
Loveable Louise? Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat[_2_] Cat community 0 July 24th 08 03:19 PM
HKC Endorses Louise Adam Cat community 9 August 22nd 06 01:33 AM
Louise Jill McQuown Cat anecdotes 4 August 25th 03 04:14 AM