Bring on the Bare Kitten!!

Old March 15th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Bring on the Bare Kitten!!

The owners of both households seem to have adjusted to a screamy,
smelly, mess taking over their houses. There is humor in this as
William is already making noises like he is purring.

Tanada is willing to share her bed with Mike and Lynn as they spend at
least two nights a week here so that they can get some sleep. William
is a night owl and wants company. I can help with the little snert
while mom and dad get some rest. Mike worries about everything and Lynn
is exhausted a lot of the time. William loves breast milk, but not the
breast, so she has to express a lot as he is already up to 16+ ounces of
breast milk a day. He also gets pretty gassy and Granny does not know
the best ways to burp him yet.

Huey has swung from head butting Will's feet and forehead to running at
the sight of him and back again several times. Pine Cone inspects him
on a daily basis as if assessing his crew abilities. Merlin hangs out
with me most of the time so he keeps me company when we are up feeding
Will. The three of us (Merlin, Will, and me) are becoming a team.

Smokey hitches rides in the storage compartment at the base of Will's
stroller, slides across the floor to see what is dropping out of the
porta-crib, sniffs used bottles before I can get them into the sink for
cleaning, and thinks he is really helping out around here. I can't wait
to see what happens when Amanda Kae has her baby.

Speedy has appointed himself as Will's defender. Every time Will cries,
Speedy glares at Mike. He wakes me up if I'm slow to get up when Will
fusses. He also protects Lynn's and my feet while we are sitting on the
sofa. He chases various cats away from the porta-crib when Will is
sleeping.

Salem is in luv with Mike and Lynn. Will is part of the package. Sonya
trills at Will, MCG ignores us all, and Bernard, the Dwarf Russian
Hamster, AKA rat, is in his own little cage.

QC has been our biggest surprise. She is actively jealous of Will to
the point that she slides into my arms while I am feeding or even
holding him. She purrs loudly, nuzzles my arm, glares at William,
insists on sleeping near me at night, and behind Lynn during the day.
We do all we can to re-assure her that we adore her but she seems to
think that Will is a threat and the enemy.

At Mike and Lynn's apartment, Qui Gon Kit thought Will was playing bed
mice with him and jumped on Will's foot. Will didn't even wince.
Hermione trills and tries to mother him. They have come to accept their
grand meow as part of the scenery and no longer treat me as a house guest.

All in all, this bare grandkitten thing is really awesome. I can always
use advice and a good granny forum or message board. I try not to butt
in to much and Lynn is an angel by letting me help out. I can't wait
until he can play and interact more with us.

Pam S
Old March 16th 11, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Mar 15, 9:59*pm, tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

That's a lovely post, it would be nice to be able to tell people about
all the fun you can have with cats and babies when they ring our
charity saying they HAVE to get rid of their cat because there's a new
baby in the house.

Jeanette
Old March 16th 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 16/03/2011 08:13, NettieCat wrote:
On Mar 15, 9:59 pm, wrote:
The owners of both households seem to have adjusted to a screamy,
smelly, mess taking over their houses. There is humor in this as
William is already making noises like he is purring.

snip lovely post

That's a lovely post, it would be nice to be able to tell people about
all the fun you can have with cats and babies when they ring our
charity saying they HAVE to get rid of their cat because there's a new
baby in the house.

Agreed. I'm so glad my parents didn't think that way.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old March 16th 11, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

A very nice post. I really enjoyed reading that.
--
Adrian