Sick CAT? Please help

Old December 31st 03, 09:05 PM
afr

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Luvskats00 wrote:

Please list the education & experience you have in reference to cat care. You
must have a PhD, since you are so insistent that it's your way or nothing..and
you are so clueless.

I think we may have a number of misunderstandings running in this
thread--so easily happens in Net communication. But I did want to say, in
response to this, that I have never EVER met anyone who communicates with
cats the way Megan does. It would have taken me so much longer to learn
fluid therapy with george if megan hadn't shown me how to do it. She is
like a feline pied (sp?) piper. george absolutely lights up in her
presence. it's really quite extraordinary. (And I have a Ph.D.,and the
only good it has done me in this episode is that I am obsessed with keeping
records of his urination and whether or not there are any possible traces
of blood anywhere.) she has shown me how to make fluids non-aversive,
which i never would have believed possible. I've never even seen a
veterinarian or vet tech communicate as well with cats as megan does.

happy new year all,

ava

I know of many people, including veterinarians, who don't use litter....In the
past decades, 3 cats used litter and 3 cats did not. My resident cat was
introduced to litter when he first came and he didn't like it..I switched to
newspapers. My husband's family, my family, and many many others in my network
of cat people/rescuers/medical personnel use litter or newspapers.

If you are interested, I will detail the actual style each cat uses when using
the box: the burrowing, the crouch, the 4 legged stand..etc.

Old January 1st 04, 01:23 AM
PawsForThought

From: (Luvskats00)

writes
I sure hope the reason she was using newspapers wasn't because she

declawed
this cat..

You realize the trolls don't post all information..they cut & paste so they
can
pretend they are arguing a just cause. The first 10 posts about my new cat
and
how I came to pick her mentioned that she was declawed long before she came
me...and that I would not declaw any cat. I only support a (front) declaw if
it's a last resort. I prefer the cat be declawed than being returned to a
shelter. If you prefer the cat be returned to a shelter where he/she might
wait a year or more or be killed..that's your option. I rather have a cat
living in a home.

You should be aware that many declawed cats are dumped in shelters every single
day, so that old "declawing saves a cat its home" is total bunk and what the
pro-declawers always claim. I wonder what all those people who live in
countries where declawing is not done do? Obviously they take the time to
train their cats instead of being lazy and amputating the ends of the cat's
toes.

As to your beliefs regarding declawing, you either believe in it or you don't.
You can't be fence sitter.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old January 1st 04, 01:23 AM
PawsForThought

Old January 1st 04, 02:01 AM
MacCandace

Once again, you are spreading false information...I guess you can't do
anything
else. I did and do respond to posts..and I cut and paste the text I'm
responding to.....obviously, you guess and pretend it's fact.

Blow it out your ass. I said the freaking posts were a couple years ago, I
don't have time to look them up, Abby.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)