Worst cat names ever (and why)

Old July 18th 05, 03:14 AM
Rhonda

I believe that! We named one of our kittens Wombat...

Rhonda

mlbriggs wrote:

IMHO Names can be self-fulfilling prophesies.

Old July 20th 05, 12:44 PM
Lesley

I chuckle about this the probability
that the other residents think their new neighbors have three children
named "Ernie," "Dexter" and "Tommy."

I know someone who named their cat "Poofta" so they could stand outside
of an evening and call the cat in to the immense embarrassment of
several hundred commuters who had to walk that way after leaving the
station! I am still amazed no-one hit them for it!

Lesley

Slave to the Fabulous Furballs (Sensibly named Redunzel and Sarrasine)

Old July 20th 05, 11:31 PM
Christina Websell

wrote in message
ups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
(snipped)
So he was nicknamed "Boyfriend." When it
became obvious that he was lost and he eventually moved in he stayed
Boyfriend. I tried to rename him Gideon, nope, didn't work at all.

Tweed

Oh, I love "Boyfriend" for a name. Your Boyfriend is the first one I've
known of. Gideon is a neat name, too though.

Sherry

Fangu, Miss Sherry

Boyfriend

Old July 21st 05, 04:35 AM
dopekitty

Christina Websell wrote:

Fangu, Miss Sherry

Boyfriend

Heh... Possum is a cat named after another animal, how much worse can it
be? Not to mention the fact that he is most "UN-Opussum-like" being
the orange behemoth/terror to the mice that he is

Tygra's name suits her well, she is stripey and elusive...

Kristy
Old July 21st 05, 04:32 PM
Jane

Rita is named Rita because that's the name she came with. The
Princess part is my addition because she's such a ruler.

Orca(t) is a black and white, so he was named after the Orca whale,
but since he's a cat, he's Orca(t). get it? lol

Spot's full name Thurmont Spotlight something or other, and it's
a big baby huey white cat, so he's just a big SPOT. His mommy
kept trying to rename him, but I love the idea of a cat named Spot.

Fin (RB) was named Fin because when he first found me, he was a
'tossed cat' and so thin that he looked like a dorsal fin when
he meatloafed. Hence, the name Fin. He looked NOTHING like a
dorsal fin within weeks, though.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita, Orca(t), and Spot.

Old July 21st 05, 04:58 PM
Paul Olson

My favorite alcoholic drink is Bacardi Rum and Diet Coca-Cola. So,
when I got two teensy tiny little tabby kittens three years ago, it
made perfect sense to name them "Rum" and "Coke."

Old July 21st 05, 07:35 PM
cathyxyz

Paul Olson wrote:
My favorite alcoholic drink is Bacardi Rum and Diet Coca-Cola. So, when
I got two teensy tiny little tabby kittens three years ago, it made
perfect sense to name them "Rum" and "Coke."

How funny. My son named his cat Bacardi (cos his girlfriend liked the
drink), but now we just call her Cardi-cat.

Our cats are Sox and Shoes...
Sox came first - a stray - he has white paws, so it sort of makes sense...
Then along came "the other cat" - another stray.... He invited himself
into the house and after a few weeks we decided we had better have him
"fixed" too, if we wanted to keep him. So, on the way to the vet with
said cat, DH phones me on his cell and asks me what are we going to
officially name this kitty, cos the vet will want to know... I was
clueless. Anyway, DH suggested Shoes (because this kitty does *not* have
white paws) and I agreed. We get a laugh every time someone asks us what
our cats' names are.

Cheers
Cathy