And I should let a WHAT in the house?

Old March 7th 05, 04:02 AM
Stormin Mormon

Default And I should let a WHAT in the house?

I wasn't all that happy with the gal at PetNot So Smart, and so wrote a
message to describe it.

Wel, after the very poor experience with the PestStupid people, then I go to
dinner with friends. One friend of mine spent an hour or so telling me all
the abuse the cats have dumped on him. From eating his food, drinking out of
his glass, waking him at 6 AM, scratching his face, and jumping on counters
and such. Cat litter stink. And then descriptions of kitty farts, and
graphic descriptions of Kitty Turd Supreme.

I spent the drive home remembering all the various problems I had with
Ruffus. Mealworms in the catfood (lost a LOT of food to mealworms; many
boxes of dry food, macaroni, and many boxes of breakfast cereal). Used to
sit on my chest at night. Jumping on things. Knocking things off. On the
counter. On the TV. On the copier. Knocking stuff off the surfaces. Defiant,
on top of the copier while my back is turned and a blur of fur coming down
off when I turn around.

I'm quite seriously turned off about the concept of getting a cat.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old March 7th 05, 05:04 AM
Karen

in article , Stormin Mormon at
wrote on 3/6/05 10:02 PM:

[...]

Hmmm. Never had any trouble with worms at all. Not with 18+ cats through all
my years. So I'm not sure at all what that has to do with cats. But yeah,
some of this is par for the course and if that is a concern, you are
probably right in thinking about not going down that road.

Old March 7th 05, 06:27 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-07, Stormin Mormon penned:

I'm quite seriously turned off about the concept of getting a cat.

If you're concerned that having a cat will be too much work, you probably
shouldn't get one. They're enough work that you want to be really sure about
it. Kinda like having kids.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 7th 05, 01:09 PM
Enfilade

One friend of mine spent an hour or so telling me all
the abuse the cats have dumped on him. From eating his food, drinking out of
his glass, waking him at 6 AM, scratching his face, and jumping on counters
and such.

Used to
sit on my chest at night. Jumping on things. Knocking things off. On the
counter. On the TV. On the copier. Knocking stuff off the surfaces. Defiant,
on top of the copier while my back is turned and a blur of fur coming down
off when I turn around.

See, if you aren't masochistic enough to find the feline abuse
appealing, then you're probably not suited to having a cat.

A lot of this sounds like typical feline behaviour. I've learned to
like cats sitting on my chest at night, to laugh when they mess my
neatly stacked piles of paperwork, and to gently remove Smokey from
the scanner when his desire to be near me overcomes his knowledge that
he's not allowed on the desk.

If the idea is unappealing, then a cat is not right for you.

--Fil, once again gently removing Smokey from the scanner
Old March 7th 05, 01:11 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 04:02:08 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I wasn't all that happy with the gal at PetNot So Smart, and so wrote a
message to describe it.

I spent the drive home remembering all the various problems I had with
Ruffus. Mealworms in the catfood (lost a LOT of food to mealworms; many
boxes of dry food, macaroni, and many boxes of breakfast cereal). Used to
sit on my chest at night. Jumping on things. Knocking things off. On the
counter. On the TV. On the copier. Knocking stuff off the surfaces. Defiant,
on top of the copier while my back is turned and a blur of fur coming down
off when I turn around.

I'm quite seriously turned off about the concept of getting a cat.

I had no idea that cats could be so much work... I've never had one
before, and then we got two at once. One of the first things they did
once we got them into the house was to break John's boat ornament and
make me cry... they make messes, they run across your tummies and feet
at 3am and wake you up, they pee in inappropriate places and demand
gourmet kitty treats, they protest vigorously if you have to try to
give them any medication... for a little while I wondered if I was cut
out to be a meowmie because they kept making me cry... but I love them
to bits and I wouldn't give them up for the world.

(add sharpening their claws on your jeans to that list. I'm sitting
here at the computer chair and I feel a 'prick prick prick prick' on
my back - Silver's decided it's time to work on her claws and I'm
sitting in her chosen chair... ouch) but last night she came and lay
on my pillow behind my head and purred me to sleep... then she moved
over next to me and when I woke up I had a kitty pillow of soft plushy
silver fur.

I'm sorry that the guys at Petsmart were jerks... don't let them put
you off having a furbaby if you really want one.
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
*remove 'nospam' to reply
Old March 7th 05, 01:23 PM
Christine Burel

I'm sorry that your recent experience has left you so bitter. Please don't
let your bad experiences with people ruin your memories of your pets.
Remember the good times you had with your cats, too. Yes, pets have their
foibles and they aren't easy but they don't judge you like people will, they
don't lie to you or cheat you and they do give you unconditional love.
thinking of you,
Christine

Old March 7th 05, 01:57 PM
Karen

in article , Karen AKA Kajikit at

wrote:

[...]

Well, kittens, like babies are particularly a lot of work (although I never
ever had problems with inappropriate peeing - did they have an infection? I
find this highly unusual). And the main "break" I remember is Pearl jumping
up on my laptop and snapping off the T key, which I had to order a
replacement for. Other than demanding a lot of attention and being picky
about food, I haven't found (especially with adults) anything that comes
close to really annoying me. Certainly nothing like many of my coworkers
(whom I really do like) and their behaviours. So I think they are pretty
much a bargain.

Old March 7th 05, 02:31 PM
Stormin Mormon

As I understand, it was "indian mealworms" in cheap dry catfood.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old March 7th 05, 03:23 PM
KellyH

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
As I understand, it was "indian mealworms" in cheap dry catfood.

And that was the cat's fault how? Could have happened in a sack of flour,
too.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

[OT] end of an era John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 15 September 12th 04 06:19 PM
The Cats House Gee Cats - misc 4 April 21st 04 11:06 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM
Jellicle Ball: Calling of Names Mietze Cat community 38 October 22nd 03 03:16 AM
Furrst Draft ov Onoree Nayms Mietze Cat community 26 October 10th 03 02:48 AM