when find kittens at shelter?

Old April 11th 04, 06:30 AM
quilterhusband

Default when find kittens at shelter?

We went to the shelter today to adopt two kittens. We want two so we can
share them better in our family and so they will be happier when alone. but
there were no kittens there. Only older cats...and no bonded pairs which we
would consider too.

Is there a good time of year when to expect there would be kittens at the
shelters here in California?

thank you for any input

Old April 11th 04, 07:46 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:30:56 -0700, quilterhusband wrote:

Is there a good time of year when to expect there would be kittens at the
shelters here in California?

Two important details -

1) Which part of California? Remember, we're a big state - it takes about
ten to twelve hours to drive from San Diego to Weed, and that's if you're
a) speeding and b) not stopping for ANYTHING. Better gas up.

2) Have you checked with independent adoption agencies and the private
shelters?

Question one may not be an issue, but also keep in mind that...well, a
wit of old once said "The problem with kittens is that they turn into
cats". Many people want cute cuddly and playful, and in a few cases, will
simply give up a full grown cat when in their eyes it stops being that
cute, cuddly, playful little meatloaf on legs they bought or adopted. So
finding shelter kittens could be quite a bit like finding hens' teeth.

Now one other extremely important question - why a kitten, versus a full
grown cat?

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old April 11th 04, 11:58 AM
MaryL

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:46:30 -0700, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Dennis Carr ) said,

Now one other extremely important question - why a kitten, versus a full
grown cat?

Actually, a more important question- isn't this the poster who just
had his/her/its cat put to sleep rather than pay to treat it?

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.

Laura,

There have been a number of recent messages from "quilterhusband." They are
very disturbing, if "real." I suspect a troll, and in this case I hope it
is a troll -- otherwise, the prospects for some cats are dreadful.

Here are a couple of recent examples, for anyone who may want to look:
In alt.pet.cats: The thread "Older cat attacked by feral ...help" describes
in great detail how he/she shot and disposed of the body of the "feral" cat.
Later, the thread "Not a feral....oopss!" describes the satisfaction the
author felt when scraping up the body of the dead cat, even though a picture
has now been posted by someone looking for that cat.

I read one message where the poster says that "quilterhusband" is also "Dan
G." I can't vouch for that, but perhaps someone else can.

MaryL

Old April 11th 04, 04:21 PM
Mary

"Laura R." wrote in
message .. .
circa Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:46:30 -0700, in

rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Dennis Carr ) said,

Now one other extremely important question - why a kitten, versus

a full
grown cat?

Actually, a more important question- isn't this the poster who just
had his/her/its cat put to sleep rather than pay to treat it?

I really think this is just a troll. I want to believe that
there really was no old sweet cat that this dickhead
let out to get attacked and then had killed because
he would not take it to the vet for treatment. I need
to believe it is a troll. It would be a good one, as
upsetting as it is, wouldn't it?

If qh/ Dan G/Jesse H would just admit that this is all
a troll, I say we give him RPCH&B Troll of the Year.

Old April 11th 04, 04:26 PM
Mary

"Laura R." wrote in

message
.. .
[...]

That was me. He's also Jesse H. It is a troll. The main
giveaway is that his headers appear to be fabricated.
However, if they are, he always uses the same ones,
and his IP is hanging out. But then, the IP may be
doctored as well. It's a good troll, though, as the
point is to upset people.

Old April 11th 04, 05:18 PM
MaryL

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

I read one message where the poster says that "quilterhusband" is

also "Dan
G." I can't vouch for that, but perhaps someone else can.

MaryL

That was me. He's also Jesse H. It is a troll. The main
giveaway is that his headers appear to be fabricated.
However, if they are, he always uses the same ones,
and his IP is hanging out. But then, the IP may be
doctored as well. It's a good troll, though, as the
point is to upset people.

Thanks. I have no idea how to read the headers for this type of
information, so I have to rely on others. (I can look at properties and
read the headers for the name of the newsreader, etc. ... but much of it
looks like gibberish to me.)

MaryL