What breed is this little kitty?

Old June 4th 05, 03:48 PM
Mary

"Niel Humphreys" wrote in
message ...
"lewe" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message

cute whatever mix, my impression is Aby with what you call the

shorthair
Persian ones again?
sorry, working too much today and head is void of thought ..

not so easy to "see" the breeds in a mixed cat, many mixed d*gs you
instantly see what they are put together from
skritches for the little lost furry one, hope kitty finds her way

back
home

I thought Aby from the coat but she does not have the sleek, small,

narrow
head--at all. I think Kaeli got it with the Singpurrha [sp] idea.

possibly, it could fit the general type for Singapura and the "very

large
eyes and very large ears", but it doesn't look like it has the markings
around the nose and eyes - nose- and eyeliner if you will - that it's
supposed to?
I read that "simulations" of singapura with Burmese/Aby have been

tried -
but not accepted breed-wise, maybe this is it - after all Neil who met

kitty
in furson got impression of a Burmese
Now we just have to hope Neil finds out somehow and let us know -

inquiring
minds need to know!

She's a Blue Abyssinian - the owner's the local vicar and he has 2 of

them.

Well there is egg on my face! Kudos to Lewe for recognizing her breed.
I guess I was wrong about Abyssinian conformation.

His house is just across the field from my warehouse so all explained and
kitty has a good home after all - just not mine.
--

Well, you are sweet for caring about her. I know it is supposed to be fine
to let them roam where you are but it still worries me to death. They do

Old June 4th 05, 05:23 PM
Orchid

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:48:38 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

Well there is egg on my face! Kudos to Lewe for recognizing her breed.
I guess I was wrong about Abyssinian conformation.

You're not. She's got a *terrible* head (for the breed
standard - in all other ways she's adorable). Blue Abys, even in
England, should look like this:

http://www.abyssiniancatclub.com/ima...ebuccaneer.jpg

Orchid
See Orchid's Kitties! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/bengalpage
Want a Purebred Cat? Read This! -- http://nik.ascendancy.net/orchid
Old June 4th 05, 11:21 PM
Hopitus

Yeah, I know what Abys look like and they don't have ears like chinchillas
either. I'm glad she's a local, loved and cared for. But what is a vicar?
British farmer?

Old June 4th 05, 11:59 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article , "Mary"
wrote:
"Hopitus" wrote in message
Yeah, I know what Abys look like and they don't have ears like chinchillas
either. I'm glad she's a local, loved and cared for. But what is a vicar?
British farmer?

Preacher?

British equivalent of Rector. Anglican minister/priest who has a
specific type of appointment to a parish. Most parish priests in the
Church of England are Vicars, although some are Priests-in-Charge and
other titles. In the US, most Episcopal (US flavor of Anglican) parish
priests are called Rectors, although some are Priests-in-Charge, some
are Priests-in-Residence, and some (confusingly) are Vicars. ;-)

Priscilla, Episcopalian and, well, yes, Anglophile
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong
Old June 5th 05, 01:34 AM

Guees you've never seen "The Vicar of Dibley" on PBS? ;-)

Cathy