Confusing (likely bad) new info on Espy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 8th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Confusing (likely bad) new info on Espy

Espy went to the litterbox three times in five minutes last night and
appeared to be trying to poop but only a drop of liquid was in the
litter. Since his bladder was plugged up last week, it was right off
to the Specialty Vet. I gave them the whole story of last week's
action, including the abnormal liver enzymes.

The examination results were surprising. He did not currently have any
urinary issues - bladder seemed normal and no irritation that would
indicate a blockage. The reason for the litterbox performance is
unknown. However, he has a heart murmur. I don't know why my vet
didn't notice this, but neither did the emergency vet I took him to
last week.

The speciality vet also didn't think it too likely that eating
something bad would have caused the liver enzymes to be abnormal - so
what is causing that? Possibly heart problems if blood flow is
impaired.

Well, now I have more things to worry about. My vet will get the
results from the Speciality Vet and we'll figure out what to do next.
I think a chest X-Ray is in Espy's immediate future.