My cat is attacking new small dog

Old January 25th 04, 02:21 AM
Kailey11

Yes,he is neutered. Since he was 6 weeks old (much to early for my preference).
Old January 25th 04, 02:26 AM
Kailey11

I haven't put them together immediately and at first they sniffed each other
and it seemed to be okay. It was later that the male cat, Kobey, decided to
attack my yorkie. This has been very hard for me. I love the little yorkie but
the cats were here first. The yorkie was apparently a breeder in a puppy mill
and then adopted by a family that had small children that harrassed her. She is
afraid of her own shadow and obviously physically abused. So sad as she
deserves a wonderful home for herself.

Old January 25th 04, 03:02 AM
Karen M.

Cat Protector wrote:
I have to agree. Give the dog back. I have to wonder why people mix cats and
dogs to begin with in the same household? If the OP wanted another animal
then get another cat so they can keep each other company.

God you're an idiot. Have you ever owned a dog? My dog gets a lot of
companionship from two of my cats and they like him. Lots of dogs and
cats get along wonderfully, try to actually know what you're talking
about before you spout off.

Old January 25th 04, 04:38 AM
Knack

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:00:28 -0700, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Cat Protector ) said,

I have to agree. Give the dog back. I have to wonder why people mix cats

and
dogs to begin with in the same household? If the OP wanted another

animal
then get another cat so they can keep each other company.

Oh, good lord. Please stop posting your worthless, inaccurate
"advice".

To the OP- What others have told you about starting over and
introducing the animals gradually is good advice. I wouldn't
surrender the dog just yet- I'd re-approach the introductions from a
different, more gradual angle.

If the OP needs an acceptable dog, it'll be a heck of a lot faster and
easier to replace the wimpy dog rather than to try to correct the
relationship between it and the cat. Obviously the OP isn't too particular
about dogs or that dog wouldn't be of the rescue variety. Should be a quick
and easy switch if it's done soon (before OP gets attached to it, and before
the return policy of the shelter expires for that dog).