add and kitten

Old December 16th 04, 09:49 PM
Karen

As far as I've ever experienced, all kittens have ADD.

"ken" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it possible that a kitten can have attention deficit disorder? Or is
there just a lot of individual variation?

we have 2 kittens from the same litter - one sat by the tv watching
"kitty safari" for 30 minutes...The other glanced at it and went on to
another activity..

She also reacts that way to new toys.

Ken

Old December 16th 04, 10:33 PM
Zorin the Lynx

Lynxie normally ignores the TV. It just doesn't exist to him most of the
time.

However, when I played this video:

http://videos.somethingawful.com/misc/catattack.wmv

(which I mentioned earlier on this group), he was STARING at the screen
with absolute enthrallment. His eyes were WIDE open, tailtip flicking,
ears straight forward.. I could swear he wanted SO BADLY to jump in and
wrestle with those two kitties!

Show this video to your cats if you can, especially if you have your TV
connected to the computer. If Lynxie, who normally ignores the TV, was
this enthralled, cats that normally pay attention will probably hurt
their heads trying to jump in!

-Z

I think the one that watches TV is the unusual one.

Old December 17th 04, 12:05 AM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Margaret Fine wrote:
ken wrote:
Is it possible that a kitten can have attention deficit disorder? Or is
there just a lot of individual variation?
we have 2 kittens from the same litter - one sat by the tv watching
"kitty safari" for 30 minutes...The other glanced at it and went on to
another activity..
She also reacts that way to new toys.

Maybe she just doesn't like your choice of programs? We've been
watching Star Trek: Deep Space 9 reruns. When the show starts Oliver
runs into the room and sits on the arm of the sofa and watches. He
seems enthralled. Maybe he knows how close he came to being named Worf.

LOL! All of my cats have watched TV with me. They seemed much more
taken with it when younger, getting up close to the screen and checking
it out, but they'll still curl up with me and gaze in the direction of
the TV for long hours while I do. I'm not sure what they get out of it
other than being next to me, and warm, and occasionally petted.... hey!
Maybe that's enough?

Priscilla
Old December 17th 04, 04:45 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old December 18th 04, 06:45 AM
Tanada

Meghan Noecker wrote:

There was one time when Kira was really interested in ice skating. It
was a skater in a spotlight going around the screen, so that seemed
interesting to her. But otherwise, I cannot think of any other time in
the last 30 years when a cat was interested in the tv. They just don't
seem to care.

On the other hand, they are really great at blocking the view

OOOOH, ice skating. Our owners LOVE winter sports, especially ice
skating. They also love watching bobsledding, luge, down hill skiing,
ski jumping, and so forth. They do not like curling. I'm not sure if
that's from the type of activity, or those brooms.

Pam S.

Old December 19th 04, 03:36 AM
Mary

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:19:35 GMT, "Mary"
wrote:

I think the one that watches TV is the unusual one.

There was one time when Kira was really interested in ice skating. It
was a skater in a spotlight going around the screen, so that seemed
interesting to her. But otherwise, I cannot think of any other time in
the last 30 years when a cat was interested in the tv. They just don't
seem to care.

My cats don't seem able to SEE what is on the TV. It's like they
see the light and hear the sound but don't see the pictures like we do.

On the other hand, they are really great at blocking the view

Second that!

Old December 19th 04, 01:04 PM
O J

Mary wrote:
Meghan Noecker wrote:
Mary wrote:

I think the one that watches TV is the unusual one.

There was one time when Kira was really interested in ice skating. It
was a skater in a spotlight going around the screen, so that seemed
interesting to her. But otherwise, I cannot think of any other time in
the last 30 years when a cat was interested in the tv. They just don't
seem to care.

My cats don't seem able to SEE what is on the TV. It's like they
see the light and hear the sound but don't see the pictures like we do.

Normally my half dozen don't bother with the TV, but if we put on the
cat video called, "Video Catnip", which features birds and squirrels,
they want to go through the screen or get behind the TV.

On the other hand, they are really great at blocking the view

Not to mention the photo-cell that receives the signals from the
remote.

Regards and Purrs,
O J Gritmon
Old December 19th 04, 07:40 PM
Mary

"O J" wrote in message
Mary wrote:
Meghan Noecker wrote:
Mary wrote:

[...]

Hey OJ, where did you get "Video Catnip?"

Old December 20th 04, 12:33 AM
Tanada

Mary wrote:

Hey OJ, where did you get "Video Catnip?"

I'm not OJ, but I bought our copy at the local PetSmart. Unfortunately,
our cats don't like to watch it, so I'm donating it to our local TED.

Pam S.