What breed is this little kitty?

Old June 3rd 05, 12:53 PM
Niel Humphreys

Default What breed is this little kitty?

Was just in my warehouse and when I moved a bag of packing material I got
growled at from underneath it by a little kitty. It didn't run and allowed
me to pick it up. Looking at it I would imagine it's not a general moggie,
the most striking thing are the huge eyes.

I've uploaded a couple of pics to my webspace, would appreciate it if
someone could ID the breed? My first thought is Burmese...

http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Kit1.jpg
http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Kit2.jpg

Its coat is spotless but it is a little on the thin side so am not sure if
it owns anyone, certainly not seen anything like it in our village before.

--

Niel H

Old June 3rd 05, 03:01 PM
Suzanne via CatKB.com

I don't know what breed she is, she looks like Bette Davis, to tell you the
truth.

I hope you're going to keep her and take care of her...

Train her to take inventory. With a whole warehouse to play in and a warm
bed and good food, she'll be your best employee!!

Old June 3rd 05, 03:28 PM
Niel Humphreys

"Suzanne via CatKB.com" wrote in message
I don't know what breed she is, she looks like Bette Davis, to tell you

the
truth.

I hope you're going to keep her and take care of her...

Lol, the thought crossed my mind but it would be unfair if he/she was
someone else's pet and just came in looking for mice. No collar though.... I
have put some food down anyway, will see what happens.

--

Niel H

Old June 3rd 05, 04:24 PM
Karen

Holy cow! Very unusal. Looks like some kind of Somali mix to me, but wow,
how different. Do you think you can give the little kitty a home? Definitely
an interesting looking cat.

"Niel Humphreys" wrote in
message ...

Old June 3rd 05, 04:26 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
kaeli wrote:

Might be a mix, but it looks an awful lot like a Singapura. Hard to tell from
those angles, though.
http://www.berliner-pro-kat.de/rassen/singapura.htm
http://www.singapuracatclub.co.uk/

Some other ideas:
Singapura mix - http://www.singapuracatclub.co.uk/
Abyssinian mix - http://www.abychatcats.co.uk/
British Shorthair mix - http://www.micimiao.it/corto/British.htm

British Shorthair was my first thought -- that round head and huge round
eyes.

I concur with the idea she might be a lost pet. Maybe look for signs or
put some up -- without description. Let those responding to the sign
describe her so you know she really is theirs. If no-one responds,
looks like you might have a kitty!

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong
Old June 3rd 05, 04:28 PM
Karen

You could put a collar with a note and your number on it, asking to call if
owned. No call, cat's yours.

"Niel Humphreys" wrote in
message ...

Old June 3rd 05, 04:38 PM
Niel Humphreys

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
In article ,
kaeli wrote:

Might be a mix, but it looks an awful lot like a Singapura. Hard to tell

from
those angles, though.
http://www.berliner-pro-kat.de/rassen/singapura.htm
http://www.singapuracatclub.co.uk/

Some other ideas:
Singapura mix - http://www.singapuracatclub.co.uk/
Abyssinian mix - http://www.abychatcats.co.uk/
British Shorthair mix - http://www.micimiao.it/corto/British.htm

British Shorthair was my first thought -- that round head and huge round
eyes.

Nah I have 3 of them (and a longhair moggie) and they all have normal sized
eyes. The eyes on this little baby take up about half the face and bulge out
a bit - you can't really see that in the photos.

I concur with the idea she might be a lost pet. Maybe look for signs or
put some up -- without description. Let those responding to the sign
describe her so you know she really is theirs. If no-one responds,
looks like you might have a kitty!

I will ask around the lane, there are not many houses so it should be fairly
easy to find out. Mind you it wasn't there later this afrternoon..
--

Niel H
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Snowdon-Computers

Old June 3rd 05, 05:37 PM
Mary

"Suzanne via CatKB.com" wrote in message
I don't know what breed she is, she looks like Bette Davis, to tell you

the
truth.

OMG that is really true!

Old June 3rd 05, 06:18 PM
Suzanne via CatKB.com

Only one way to find out if Kitty is indeed the reincarnation of the great
Bette Davis...

Give her a cigarette and see if she struts about saying "What a DUMP!"