Auto Feeder Recommendations??

Old July 2nd 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Auto Feeder Recommendations??

Hi All,

My little guy is not on of those cats I can just leave food out for.
He gets fed a 1/4 cup in the am and 1/4 cup in the pm. So now we are
talking about going on vacation. I have a friend who is willing to
come over once a day, but if I could avoid that and make it every other
day it would be easier for her. So I am looking for recommendations on
auto feeders. Something I could get at least three meals from...thanks!

Danielle

http://homepage.mac.com/roxy6671/Kit...toAlbum21.html

Old July 3rd 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

My little guy is not on of those cats I can just leave food out for.
He gets fed a 1/4 cup in the am and 1/4 cup in the pm. So now we are
talking about going on vacation. I have a friend who is willing to
come over once a day, but if I could avoid that and make it every other
day it would be easier for her. So I am looking for recommendations on
auto feeders. Something I could get at least three meals from...thanks!

Danielle

http://homepage.mac.com/roxy6671/Kit...toAlbum21.html

Please reconsider and have your friend (or another pet sitter) come to your
home every day. I also feed my cats twice a day, and I have a pet sitter
who comes to the house twice a day. It is well worth the expense to make
sure my twosome are safe, and also to give them some companionship.

I know many people make arrangements similar to what you suggested, and
their cats are usually safe. However, think of the possibilities if
something goes wrong -- an emergency can happen at any time, and a two-day
wait could be critical.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

Old July 3rd 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kiran

wrote:

: Hi All,
:
: My little guy is not on of those cats I can just leave food out for.
: He gets fed a 1/4 cup in the am and 1/4 cup in the pm. So now we are
: talking about going on vacation. I have a friend who is willing to
: come over once a day, but if I could avoid that and make it every other
: day it would be easier for her. So I am looking for recommendations on
: auto feeders. Something I could get at least three meals from...thanks!

Have her (or somebody) come every day. If possible, find at least one
other friend, so they can share this duty, be one another's back ups,
and nobody would have to be overburdened.

Maybe ask them to leave the TV on (without sound) and some classical
music station if you have one (at soft volume), and make sure the place
is properly climate controlled and ventilated.