Ack! The rest of the update

Old February 18th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

Default Ack! The rest of the update

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you Annie. I'm going to try the patient advocate first, and
then go on from there. I'll keep your friend in mind if the VA gives
us more grief.
Pam S.

Pam,
The patient advocate is a good place to start.

I may be a moving target, but if you need to contact me, you know how to
find me.

Annie

Old February 18th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
ups.com...
I hit the wrong key again and sent an unfinished and un edited message
to the group. I"m not used to using google messages, as you can
tell. it does work better than it did the last time I had to use it,
though.

Basically what I was trying to say is that Rob has pneumonia, is at
least temporarily paralysed on the right side, cannot talk more than a
grunt, and is doing better than he could be, At keast he can look at
me with both eyes, though they don't have emotion in them.

I want to drag someone from the VA over and force them to see Rob as
he is right now. Maybe they'd understand what he is going through. I
don't know how to handle some of the things that I need to do, like
Taxes, contacting the VA since Rob can't, deciding who else needs to
know about his medical and so forth. Has anyone else dealt with this
and/or can you give me advice on this. What do I do next? I've
contacted Rob's family, tried to get hold of my eldest child, and let
his best friend, who is currently stationed in Germany know. I
contacted Rob's oncologist's case manager about the original
diagnosis, but can't contact her before Monday, and the two Drs are
supposed to consult on Tuesday anyway.

I took Mandy and her boy friend, Jim, home Friday in order to cut down
on some of the expenses and hopefully exchange the rental for Emily,
our Ford Tempo, who is still in the shop. Huey, who adopted Rob a
month or so after his first cancer surgery, is mad at me. He finally
slept on Rob's side of the bed last night, but only whith his butt in
my face. Sonya got mad at Mandy, who she blamed for us being gone,
got into her room and trashed it. I expect that Mandy and Jim spent a
good portion of today picking up belongings and undoing the damage.
QC forgave me. Which is something.

I can live with Rob paralysed. I just want him to be able to respond
and make sense.

Thats perfectly understandable, Pam. You want your Rob back, the body that
holds Rob is no longer so important.

Otherwise Pam, I wish I could offer you more or so something or help in some
practical, meaningful way. But I guess purrs and prayers are it.

*Hugs*

Yowie

Old February 18th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

tanadashoes wrote:

I hit the wrong key again and sent an unfinished and un edited message
to the group. I"m not used to using google messages, as you can
tell. it does work better than it did the last time I had to use it,
though.

Basically what I was trying to say is that Rob has pneumonia, is at
least temporarily paralysed on the right side, cannot talk more than a
grunt, and is doing better than he could be, At keast he can look at
me with both eyes, though they don't have emotion in them.

snip
I can live with Rob paralysed. I just want him to be able to respond
and make sense.

Pam S.

Oh Pam, what can I say? We think of you and your family several times a
day, sending purrs, very gentle hugs and best wishes. I so wish there
was something I could do.
Thinking of you,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 19th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bridget" wrote in message
Pam, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. It must be
terrifying and exhausting and then maybe not so much because you just
don't have time to think. I cry every time I read your posts. I just want
Rob to be okay.

I am on my way to Church right now. I will light a candle specifically for
Rob and you and your family and that you all get the healing you need,
whatever that may be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you daily. I check the list every time I
walk by the computer to see if you have posted an update.

As for practical advice, there is probably an agency in town doing
people's taxes, especially low income. Call around and find out who they
are and go to see them. They can help you there. If there isn't any
agency, I am sure that we on the list can come up with the money for you
to go to H&R block for you to get this taken care of. I know money is
tight, but we will help you out. I also know you need to get taxes taken
care of so you can file for financial aid for next year. Let us know what
you want to do - you know all you have to do is ask.

Hang in there.

Love,
Bridget

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

If there is a local college, you might check with them about the taxes.
When my son was majoring in accounting, he was one of several who did taxes
free.

Joy

Old February 19th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

((((((((((Pam and Rob))))))))))

I don't blame you for feeling overwhelmed right now. I hope you can get
some help, including moral support, soon.

--
Joy

Old February 19th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
SuzQ

Oh dear! Rob is in our prrs and prayers.
Suz&Spicey

Old February 19th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 03:06:15 -0800, tanadashoes wrote:

[...]

If ever a purrson needed purrs, you do, so we are purring that your
situation will improve. MLB

Old February 20th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Hazel Az

[...]

I'm sure I can split some of the litter box offerings I usually envision for
ex-DH to be sent to the VA. You name the time and the place and they're
yours!

I'm so sorry you're going through this and we're purring for you.

Hazel Az

Old February 20th 07, 10:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

I"m so very sorry to hear about what you, Rob and your whole family are
having to go through right now. I can't even possibly send enough
purrs, but I will try my very best.
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old February 20th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Hey Pam.

*hugs* I'm so glad I checked in when I did. This month has been awful
busy and I haven't been reading groups. You and everybody else have my
love.

Shoot me an email if you can with your phone number. I'll keep in
touch much better that way.

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 01:03 AM
Sammy Update CatNipped Cat anecdotes 33 August 25th 04 09:15 AM
ANOTHER UPDATE UPDATE Tomorrow Adrian Cat anecdotes 2 August 6th 04 07:27 PM
Update on Abby the Lazarus cat :-) AJ Cat health & behaviour 46 February 2nd 04 01:36 AM
Dee Dee - AWOL UPDATE (long) Jette Goldie Cat anecdotes 34 October 7th 03 06:23 PM