Rebecca lounged on me!

Old March 6th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Rebecca lounged on me!

Often Sundance will sleep on me when I'm napping on the sofa. Until
recently, Rebecca would only curl up by my feet, but recently she also lay
down on me right next to Sundance -- TWICE!!!!!! She has only ever sat on
my lap 2 or 3 times in the 4 years or so we've been together, so this was
wonderful!

Sandy, grinning from ear to ear

Old March 6th 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sandy wrote:
Often Sundance will sleep on me when I'm napping on the sofa. Until
recently, Rebecca would only curl up by my feet, but recently she also lay
down on me right next to Sundance -- TWICE!!!!!! She has only ever sat on
my lap 2 or 3 times in the 4 years or so we've been together, so this was
wonderful!

Sandy, grinning from ear to ear

I know how you feel. My Nikki was half-feral when she came to me, and it
took years before she mellowed out enough to get in my lap on her own.
Miranda used to spend a lot of time in my lap when she was a kitten, but
it's very rare these days, so when she does stay in my lap for any
length of time, I sit very very still and hold her, however long she
decides to stay. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 6th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sandy" wrote in message
om...
Often Sundance will sleep on me when I'm napping on the sofa. Until
recently, Rebecca would only curl up by my feet, but recently she also lay
down on me right next to Sundance -- TWICE!!!!!! She has only ever sat on
my lap 2 or 3 times in the 4 years or so we've been together, so this was
wonderful!

Sandy, grinning from ear to ear

Isn't that the best feeling? Pua is finally starting to climb on my lap,
but she does it always when I need to get up to do something, it seems. I
sit there as long as I can just loving her warmth and her purrs. It's such
a heartwarming thing.

kili

Old March 6th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sandy" wrote in message
om...
Often Sundance will sleep on me when I'm napping on the sofa. Until
recently, Rebecca would only curl up by my feet, but recently she also lay
down on me right next to Sundance -- TWICE!!!!!! She has only ever sat on
my lap 2 or 3 times in the 4 years or so we've been together, so this was
wonderful!

Sandy, grinning from ear to ear

I know how you feel. I only have one "lap cat" - that's Bandit and I'm
always worried about her biting me out of the blue so it's not comforting to
have her in my lap. Demi is too shy to be a lap cat. Jessie owns DH and
not me, but very rarely will let me hold and pet her for a few minutes (she
will always let DH hold and pet her for as long as he likes). Sammy has too
much Maine Coon in her to be a lap cat - she'll only get in my lap when she
wants to suck her toe for a bit, then promptly jumps down (this may be a
blessing in disguise since 17 pounds of cat might cut off the circulation to
my legs!).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 7th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 05 Mar 2006 11:28:54p, Sandy wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
. com):

Often Sundance will sleep on me when I'm napping on the sofa.
Until recently, Rebecca would only curl up by my feet, but
recently she also lay down on me right next to Sundance --
TWICE!!!!!! She has only ever sat on my lap 2 or 3 times in the
4 years or so we've been together, so this was wonderful!

Sandy, grinning from ear to ear

How sweet! It's amazing how the little things we take for granted
from some are just a huge step for some others. Congrats, and we wish
you many more lap moments.

--
Cheryl
Old March 7th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini" wrote:

Isn't that the best feeling? Pua is finally starting to climb on my lap,
but she does it always when I need to get up to do something, it seems. I
sit there as long as I can just loving her warmth and her purrs. It's such
a heartwarming thing.

Yeah, they often pick the wrong times. Heidi has recently
started coming up on the bed in the morning, which she never
used to do. She's really trying to get me up, but if I don't
move she'll settle down on top of me. But of course that can't
last very long before I have to move her off and get my feet on
the floor.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)
Old March 7th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote:

Sammy has too
much Maine Coon in her to be a lap cat - she'll only get in my lap when she
wants to suck her toe for a bit, then promptly jumps down (this may be a
blessing in disguise since 17 pounds of cat might cut off the circulation to
my legs!).

Heidi is only 14 pounds, but she doesn't believe she can fit on
my lap. I try to entice down to my lap when she sits in front
of my monitor, but she only occasionally will set foot there,
and then won't really settle.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)