Pool Party

Old August 24th 03, 08:35 PM
Margaret Fine

Default Pool Party

Every morning between 4 and 5 AM I take my Lab, Boone, out to do his
business and then inside for breakfast. For about the last week we've
been escorted by a sweet little tuxedo cat. He looks so much like my
Oliver that for a minute I was worried that O. had gotten out and was
following us.

Saturday morning we did not see the tuxedo and I was a little sad. As I
was parking Boone between two apartment buildings I happened to look
over into the pool area of one of the buildings and thought I was
hallucinating. There, lounging by the pool were several cats, including
our tuxedo. Some were sprawled right next to the water (in fact the
tuxedo was actually reclining on the ledge of the pool under the lip of
the pool deck) Some were sitting back on the pool deck and two were
using chairs. I actually went back a second time to make sure I wasn't
dreaming. When the tuxedo saw us he jumped up like "You guys are
EARLY!" and followed us on our rounds and made sure we got back into the
building safely before going back to the pool.

--
Margaret Fine

Old August 24th 03, 10:29 PM
polonca12000

Awww, that's so neat! Kitties having their very own pool party. Thanks for
the story, it made my day.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
ink.net...
Every morning between 4 and 5 AM I take my Lab, Boone, out to do his
business and then inside for breakfast. For about the last week we've
been escorted by a sweet little tuxedo cat. snip

Old August 24th 03, 10:45 PM
Jill McQuown

Margaret Fine wrote:
As I was parking Boone between two apartment buildings I happened to
look over into the pool area of one of the buildings and thought I was
hallucinating. There, lounging by the pool were several cats,
including our tuxedo. Some were sprawled right next to the water (in
fact the tuxedo was actually reclining on the ledge of the pool under
the lip of the pool deck) Some were sitting back on the pool deck
and two were using chairs. I actually went back a second time to
make sure I wasn't dreaming.

That's so cute! Cat's having a pool party! Persia acts like she hates the
water, but she sure is fascinated when I take a shower. She gets up on the
edge of the tub and pokes her head around the curtain. She also wants to
take a drink out of the sink when I run the water to brush my teeth. That's
why I had to buy her a Drinkwell pet fountain!

Are you thinking of adopting the little tuxedo cat?

Jill

Old August 24th 03, 11:52 PM
Margaret Fine

Jill McQuown wrote:
Margaret Fine wrote:

[...]

I'm not so sure that he needs adopting. He may live in one of the
apartments close by. He doesn't look or act like he is feral. He
certainly takes great interest in us and seems to have no fear of the
dog. It is always too dark to tell but he may have a collar on.

Even if he needs a home there is no way I can. My husband is very
allergic to cats and I think Oliver will be the only cat that we will
ever be blessed with. My husband seems to be totally NOT allergic to
him but if we go into someone's house who has a cat poor hubby tears up
and sneezes.

Oliver loves the water as long as it is his idea! I bathed him. Once.
After the puncture holes in my chest healed (Oliver used me as a
climbing post to get out of the water) I vowed that I would NEVER do
that again. It was too traumatic for both of us. Yet Oliver has jumped
into my shower, deliberately sat in a mud puddle, routinely rolls around
in the wet bath tub, and uses the water dish to get his paw wet to groom
his face.

Does Persia play with the water in the Drinkwell? I was looking at them
but wondered if Oliver would have a blast playing in the falling water!

Margaret

--
Margaret Fine

Old August 24th 03, 11:53 PM
Yoj

[...]

Wow! That's so cool! Are you going to take a camera with you on your
walks so you can get some photos in case it happens again?

Joy