Purrrs urgently needed

Old May 4th 05, 05:26 PM
dopekitty

Default Purrrs urgently needed

My sister, Shelby Dawn Gosling, has not been seen since saturday
evening. She lives in calgary, but was up in edmonton visiting some
friends and me. I walked her to the bus stop to go back to her friend's
place saturday evening, and neither I nor our mother has heard from her
since. We are also worried about her cat, who she had left in the apt.
while she was up visiting. She said she was going to hitchhike back to
calgary on sunday or take the bus on monday because our mother put money
in the bank for her to catch a bus. She also has rent that she was
going to pay when she got home. Our mother called a friend of shelby's
in calgary and had her stop by shelby's apt. yesterday. She's not home.
Friend is attempting to get hold of the super and pick up the cat, Toby.

What worries me the most is that edmonton has a serial killer on the
loose who kills young women, usually prostitutes, but still. Besides
that, edmonton is apparently the murder capital of canada, we've had
over thirty murders here just since the new year began.

Kristy
Old May 4th 05, 05:30 PM
Dan M

What worries me the most is that edmonton has a serial killer on the
loose who kills young women, usually prostitutes, but still. Besides
that, edmonton is apparently the murder capital of canada, we've had
over thirty murders here just since the new year began.

Kristy

Oh no! Major purrs coming.

Dan
Old May 4th 05, 05:42 PM
jmcquown

dopekitty wrote:
My sister, Shelby Dawn Gosling, has not been seen since saturday
evening. She lives in calgary, but was up in edmonton visiting some
friends and me. I walked her to the bus stop to go back to her
friend's place saturday evening, and neither I nor our mother has
heard from her since.

(snippage)
Kristy

Stupid question, but did anyone call the police in both places? Saturday to
Wednesday is a long time for a young woman to go missing. Did she have a
cell phone? Were there other friends she might have decided to visit
without notice? How old is she? Announcing she had plans to hitchhike
would have caused me to have apoplexy on the spot.

Anyway, purrs on the way for your sister and you and your mom for your
worries and for Toby the cat, too.

Jill

Old May 4th 05, 05:52 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-05-04, dopekitty penned:
My sister, Shelby Dawn Gosling, has not been seen since saturday
evening.

My best wishes that she's found in good health.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 4th 05, 06:02 PM
dopekitty

jmcquown wrote:
dopekitty wrote:

My sister, Shelby Dawn Gosling, has not been seen since saturday
evening. She lives in calgary, but was up in edmonton visiting some
friends and me. I walked her to the bus stop to go back to her
friend's place saturday evening, and neither I nor our mother has
heard from her since.

(snippage)

Kristy

Stupid question, but did anyone call the police in both places? Saturday to
Wednesday is a long time for a young woman to go missing. Did she have a
cell phone? Were there other friends she might have decided to visit
without notice? How old is she? Announcing she had plans to hitchhike
would have caused me to have apoplexy on the spot.

Anyway, purrs on the way for your sister and you and your mom for your
worries and for Toby the cat, too.

Jill

I've called once, yesterday. They told me to have someone check her
apartment. I don't live there, so our mother called one of my sister's
friends and had her check. She is not there. Friend is supposed to be
getting the super's number for my mother to call. If super hasn't heard
from her, then we're calling the police again. RE other places to
visit: i really don't know, i just know she was already worried about
her cat being alone, so i can't see her deciding not to go home. As for
the hitching.. i used to do it myself and survived fine, but these days,
and out here, it worries the hell out of me too. She will be twenty in
july. She has two cellphones, neither of which she is answering and the
voicemail is full on at least one of them.

Kristy
Old May 4th 05, 06:21 PM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"dopekitty" wrote in message
[...]

I just read this in the fibro group!! I'm so worried for your sis (and you
& your family). Let us know *as soon as you can* when you hear anything.
Purrs and many, many prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"Well behaved women rarely make history!!"

Old May 4th 05, 06:28 PM
dopekitty

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
"dopekitty" wrote in message

[...]

My mother just emailed me, sis is at her home now, mother is calling her.

Kristy
taking a big sigh of relief
Old May 4th 05, 06:33 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 04 May 2005 17:02:42 +0000, dopekitty wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
dopekitty wrote:

[...]

Besides calling the police, put ads on the radio and TV. Most have a
public service policy and should not charge for it. Like for lost pets,
perhaps putting out some fliers might help. Even if it's overkill,
better safe than sorry. Purrs for her safety. MLB

Old May 4th 05, 06:40 PM
jmcquown

dopekitty wrote:
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
"dopekitty" wrote in message

My sister, Shelby Dawn Gosling, has not been seen since saturday
evening.

K.,

I just read this in the fibro group!!

My mother just emailed me, sis is at her home now, mother is calling
her.

Kristy
taking a big sigh of relief

WHEW! Glad to hear it. It's a terrible thing to think she may have gone
missing.

Jill