Where was my audience?

Old March 15th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Default Where was my audience?

Due to some fluke of nature and some lapse in my memory, I left the
door to the freezer open all night last night......And since it's my
day off i didn't notice it until i got out of bed at 12:15 pm.......

Oops.......and since i an unexperienced in these matters, i called the
first person i could think of....

"Hello, Mom??" Mom assured me that if i cooked everything it would be
ok.

So i spent the whole afteroon cooking. I cooked beef, chicken, and
even salmon. Cooked them and put them back into freezer bags and back
into the freezer.

BUT i was astonished, absolutely taken aback that not ONCE, not ONCE
was I surrounded in the kitchen by hungry kitties.

BEEF!!! CHICKEN!!!! SALMON!!!!!! (cue crickets)

I expected to have all three of my troublemakers winding around my
ankles begging for a taste.

But nooooooooooo, I even checked to make sure they were all alive.
They were all fast asleep on my bed. Hardly even batted an ear.

Sheesh!!!!!

I guess they are waiting for me to sit down and eat, THEN they will
want their share.

Cats..................

Kristi

Old March 15th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Mischief" wrote\

| Due to some fluke of nature and some lapse in my memory, I left the
| door to the freezer open all night last night......And since it's my
| day off i didn't notice it until i got out of bed at 12:15 pm.......
|
| Oops.......and since i an unexperienced in these matters, i called the
| first person i could think of....
|
| "Hello, Mom??" Mom assured me that if i cooked everything it would be
| ok.
|
| So i spent the whole afteroon cooking. I cooked beef, chicken, and
| even salmon. Cooked them and put them back into freezer bags and back
| into the freezer.
|
| BUT i was astonished, absolutely taken aback that not ONCE, not ONCE
| was I surrounded in the kitchen by hungry kitties.
|
| BEEF!!! CHICKEN!!!! SALMON!!!!!! (cue crickets)
|
| I expected to have all three of my troublemakers winding around my
| ankles begging for a taste.
|
| But nooooooooooo, I even checked to make sure they were all alive.
| They were all fast asleep on my bed. Hardly even batted an ear.
|
| Sheesh!!!!!
|
| I guess they are waiting for me to sit down and eat, THEN they will
| want their share.
|
| Cats..................

As I have recently learned, the cause might be that they thought you were
cooking the food for them, and they were compelled by the feline code of
ethics to ignore the effort.

Old March 15th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:14:55 -0400, Pat wrote:

"Mischief" wrote\

[...]

Either that or they already feasted from the open freezer during the night.
You didn't happen to notice anything missing, huh? :-)

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old March 15th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

my conspiracy oriented mind says you probably didn't really leave the
freezer door open at all, they pried it open as you slept thinking either:
A, she will throw it all in the trash and we will get it when she goes to
bed, or:
b, she can cook it all today while we sleep and then she can serve it to us
quicker later...

oups.com...

Audience wafflycat Cat anecdotes 1 August 30th 05 04:37 PM
Audience wafflycat Cat anecdotes 7 June 29th 05 04:50 AM