Liz's Food recommendations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 8th 03, 01:07 AM
Steve Crane

(Liz) wrote in message . com...
Part Two

Felidae Dry: 21% carbohydrates

First of all your calculations were in error on this one, according to
their web site they have: protein 32.0%, fat 20.0%, fiber 2.5%,
moisture 9.0%, ash 5.5% Total 69% 100-69 = 31% carbohydrates

How about the other ingredients you did not add up?

Omega-6 fatty acids - 3.5%
Digestive Enzymes - 1.5 %
Omega-3 fatty acids - 0.75%
Linoleic acid - 3,70%
Magnesium and taurine - ~0.3%

You don't add those up because they are a) part of the greater nurient
or b)inconsequential. Omega fatty acids, linoleic acid are counted in
the total fats. Magnesium is counted within the "ash". Digestive
enzymes are counted in the proteins.

Or are those things carbohydrates in your concept? I won´t bother
looking at the rest of your manipulated numbers.

No I suppose not since they proved you completely wrong and hey, who
wants to know that little bit of information AGAIN?

Now if you are going
to say something like "those things are included in proteins, fats and
ash," I say we write them and ask.

Go for it, you determind the method of measuring carbs, and I followed
your method, adding up the five primary nutrients in cats and the four
primary nutrients in dogs. Something I have been teaching vets and
staff members to do for over 20 years.

Why is it that you posted levels of calcium and phosphorus? Is it the
old scare tactics and innuendoes relating them to kidney damage? If
you have ONE study showing either of them to be toxic to kidneys
please post.

Give me a break, you had such studies posted here so many times it is
ridiculous. Nobody has EVER claimed on this NG that protein,
phosphorus, sodium or calcium CAUSE renal failure. But since renal
failure is the second most common REAL cause of death in cats, not
some fantasy fringe lunatic disease nobody has ever found kind of
death (from ethox for instance), it makes no sense to to have
excessive levels of anything in a diet. Excessive levels of nutrients
are the biggest cause of disease death in pets today. The treatment of
nearly every common disease in cats today starts with the reduction of
such excessive nutrients.

And don´t give me that old crap of the early stages of
kidney disease. Phosphorus is only harmful to kidneys if it is in
excess in *blood*, not in diet.

Absolutely WRONG!!!!!!!! Phos levels above 0.4% in cats and dogs with
early renal failure CAUSES early DEATH. No if's no ands, no buts.

Excess phosphorus in blood
(hyperphosphataemia) can be detected at any time, all it takes is a
blood panel.

Again WRONG - You cannot detect early renal failure with a "blood
panel". Not even close. I can't believe you are so damn stubborn about
defending your mistakes your carbophobia you would willingly put other
peoples animals at risk by making such a totally erroneous statement.

This philosophy of Hill´s (and some other companies)
treating consumers as morons infuriates me. It shows how much the
company respects their customer - nothing at all. They (customers) are
all a bunch of easily-manipulated imbeciles. So let´s go ahead and
launch the 15% carbs Atkin´s type diet even knowing it doesn´t work.
Who cares? We are making money and that´s all that matters.

Hello!! Earth to LIZ - Purina's dry DM product has the same level of
carbs. That's the diet that Greco preaches in favor of, that Debra
wrote her anti carb article in favor of. Of course the fact that it
has been proven to work and has now even passed the final studies on
diabetes, all of which will be in peer reviewed published journal
articles down the road won't bother you in the least will it. You'll
keep ranting and raving without foundation anyway.