[OT] Yoga

Old August 16th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default [OT] Yoga

A friend of mine bought me a belated birthday present of a private yoga
lesson, and I finally had it this week.

Wow! is about all I can say (yeah, right ;-) )

It was pretty basic; just getting into breathing and allowing my body to
relax. She was kinda funny: "Let your back have a tummy, too! Let
your insides dance!" lol! But it felt really good, and when we were
done, she told me that most of the clients she sees could never get as
far with it as I could (yeah, maybe she just wanted me to take 2,000
lessons, but I don't think so).

And I really felt better (up until today, because -- bad girl -- I
skipped the exercises yesterday). My friend got me the lesson because
she figured it might do more for me than all the medical stuff. To some
degree, I think she may be right.

It's getting better -- or at least starting to!

Ginger-lyn
fingers crossed
Old August 16th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Yoga

On Aug 16, 10:41*am, Ginger-lyn wrote:

It's getting better -- or at least starting to!

Sending purrs that this is the start of things getting better because
I really can't think of a person more deserving of a break than you!

I have also had some good news this week- a while ago my masseur left
and I have been suffering with my bad shoulder for a while only to
find a friend of mine is trained in massage and can do it for me! She
doesn't even want paid (I brought her a drink and she was even saying
I didn't need to do that) It certainly worked. she did it Thursday and
Friday morning I barely managed to get my bra on then a few hours
later it "clicked" and now I am blessedly completely pain free!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 16th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Ginger-lyn wrote:
It's getting better -- or at least starting to!

Yoga is fantastic and I think it will do you a lot of good, not only
physically, but also spiritually.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 16th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Aug 16, 2:07*pm, Lesley wrote:
On Aug 16, 10:41*am, Ginger-lyn wrote:

It's getting better -- or at least starting to!

*Sending purrs that this is the start of things getting better because
I really can't think of a person more deserving of a break than you!

I have also had some good news this week- a while ago my masseur left
and I have been suffering with my bad shoulder for a while only to
find a friend of mine is trained in massage and can do it for me! She
doesn't even want paid (I brought her a drink and she was even saying
I didn't need to do that) It certainly worked. she did it Thursday and
Friday morning I barely managed to get my bra on then a few hours
later it "clicked" and now I am blessedly completely pain free!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Massages can do wonders to an aching body.
I am so glad to hear your shoulder is now pain free. I also have on
and off shoulder
problem. These days my shoulder is acting up so I have been going to
my massage
therapist. If you don't mind needles, try accupunture. It improves my
shoulder mobility.

Winnie
Old August 16th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

Back when I could still get up off the floor by myself, I got a lot of
mileage out of yoga. Very good for relaxation and breathing even if
that is as far as you get.

There used to be a program, I think on PBS called Lilas Yoga and You.

I mastered the sponge.

Jo

Old August 16th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
A friend of mine bought me a belated birthday present of a private yoga
lesson, and I finally had it this week.

Wow! is about all I can say (yeah, right ;-) )

It was pretty basic; just getting into breathing and allowing my body to
relax. She was kinda funny: "Let your back have a tummy, too! Let your
insides dance!" lol! But it felt really good, and when we were done, she
told me that most of the clients she sees could never get as far with it
as I could (yeah, maybe she just wanted me to take 2,000 lessons, but I
don't think so).

And I really felt better (up until today, because -- bad girl -- I skipped
the exercises yesterday). My friend got me the lesson because she figured
it might do more for me than all the medical stuff. To some degree, I
think she may be right.

It's getting better -- or at least starting to!

We are sending you plenty of purrs. Yoga is great--hang in there. It does
take some patience.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 16th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote

|A friend of mine bought me a belated birthday present of a private yoga
| lesson, and I finally had it this week.
|
| Wow! is about all I can say (yeah, right ;-) )
|
| It was pretty basic; just getting into breathing and allowing my body to
| relax. She was kinda funny: "Let your back have a tummy, too! Let
| your insides dance!" lol! But it felt really good, and when we were
| done, she told me that most of the clients she sees could never get as
| far with it as I could (yeah, maybe she just wanted me to take 2,000
| lessons, but I don't think so).
|
| And I really felt better (up until today, because -- bad girl -- I
| skipped the exercises yesterday). My friend got me the lesson because
| she figured it might do more for me than all the medical stuff. To some
| degree, I think she may be right.
|
| It's getting better -- or at least starting to!

Good on you. Once upon a time I was very much into yoga and loved it. Dunno
why I never seem to find time for it anymore, as I'm sure it would do me a
world of good too. Same goes for tai chi and qi gong. Even if you can't take
a class, there are plenty of good videos available that can get you started.

Old August 16th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Aug 16, 3:49*pm, "Pat" wrote:

Good on you. Once upon a time I was very much into yoga and loved it. Dunno
why I never seem to find time for it anymore, as I'm sure it would do me a
world of good too. Same goes for tai chi and qi gong. Even if you can't take
a class, there are plenty of good videos available that can get you started.

Yes Tai Chi is very good for you. I sleep better on the days when I
had Tai Chi
lessons. It is very good for balance.

Winnie
Old August 17th 08, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Winnie" wrote in message
On Aug 16, 3:49 pm, "Pat" wrote:

Good on you. Once upon a time I was very much into yoga and loved
it. Dunno
why I never seem to find time for it anymore, as I'm sure it would
do me a
world of good too. Same goes for tai chi and qi gong. Even if you
can't take
a class, there are plenty of good videos available that can get you
started.

Yes Tai Chi is very good for you. I sleep better on the days when I
had Tai Chi
lessons. It is very good for balance.

Winnie

I know what Tai Chi is, and I know what chi is. I can't believe that
until they Olympic opener I never had a clue that Tai Chi had anything
to do with chi.

Jo

Old August 17th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yoga is really about every thing.. It's a lifestyle. It keeps us
healthily occupied mentally and physically!
We can get a toned body and become in shape thanks for the yoga poses
and exercises.. I like it. And Please, start practicing it NOW!
... Here is a very nice free yoga relaxation e-course for you, it
contains several useful yoga tips and exercises:
http://www.yoga-health-beauty-energy.com/

Peace

[OT] Yoga Enthusiasts? CatNipped Cat anecdotes 12 January 19th 05 03:55 AM
Yoga for Cats. Flippy Cat anecdotes 2 July 5th 04 04:08 PM
Yoga Kitty Melissa Houle Cat anecdotes 6 June 25th 04 11:02 PM
Yoga with cats Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 9 February 6th 04 09:36 PM