Ping: Catnipped

Old February 7th 05, 06:20 AM
jmcquown

Default Ping: Catnipped

How are things with your Drinkwell fountain? I know you said Bandit was
drinking more water which was the goal. How about the others? Persia is
absolutely enamoured with hers. In the middle of the night I sometimes hear
her slurping at the pouring water before she rejoins me on the bed

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old February 7th 05, 03:06 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
How are things with your Drinkwell fountain? I know you said Bandit was
drinking more water which was the goal. How about the others? Persia is
absolutely enamoured with hers. In the middle of the night I sometimes
hear
her slurping at the pouring water before she rejoins me on the bed

Yes, they all love it. Jessie still wants a drink from the faucet every
time DH or I go near one, but I think that has more to do with wanting
attention than drinking (although we do think she's part camel going by the
amount of water she can ingest at one time and how long it takes her to top
off!).

Bandit treats the Drinkwell like a watering hole on the Savannah - she lies
down next to it to camp out for an hour or so, every once in a while leaning
over to drink her fill.

I'm glad that I read another thread you posted about washing it, though. I
didn't know until then that the "propeller" ("impeller") thingie came out.
The magnet that holds it in place is pretty strong and I wouldn't have tried
to "force it" otherwise. So thanks!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old February 10th 05, 07:16 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

This reminds me, I need to go clean Persia's fountain now. I think the
mineral content in our local water has gone up. It takes far less time for
it to gunk up than it used to. (sigh)

Jill

Old February 10th 05, 07:34 PM
Bill Stock

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Maybe you could filter (Britta) the water? Our girls prefer filtered water,
chilled of course. NO, I am not trained!

Old February 10th 05, 07:49 PM
Jo Firey

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You don't give them bottled water?

Charlie does.

Jo

Old February 10th 05, 10:44 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

We have hard water here too. What I do is store their tap water in a bottle
and then refill the fountain from that - if you let it sit a day or two that
seems to let the minerals settle to the bottom - just don't empty the whole
bottle into the fountain.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 10th 05, 10:52 PM
Bill Stock

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Shhh! They don't know about such things.

Old February 10th 05, 11:32 PM
jmcquown

Jo Firey wrote:
"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The bottled "Spring Water" I used once gunked the fountain up even faster
than the tap water. I suppose I could use distilled water but I can't
imaging that tasting very good.

Jill

Old February 10th 05, 11:36 PM
jmcquown

Bill Stock wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
How are things with your Drinkwell fountain?
Yes, they all love it. Jessie still wants a drink from the faucet
every time DH or I go near one, but I think that has more to do with
wanting attention than drinking (although we do think she's part
camel going by the amount of water she can ingest at one time and
how long it takes her to top off!).
Hugs,

CatNipped

This reminds me, I need to go clean Persia's fountain now. I think
the mineral content in our local water has gone up. It takes far
less time for
it to gunk up than it used to. (sigh)

Jill

Maybe you could filter (Britta) the water? Our girls prefer filtered
water, chilled of course. NO, I am not trained!

LOL I don't even filter my own water! Memphis water comes from Artesian
wells; it's pretty darned good tap water. Maybe it is just my imagination
about the gunking - uh, no, it's not. The fountain used to need a thorough
cleaning every 7 days, now it's more like every 4-5 days. Okay, maybe I'll
get a Brita filter pitcher.

Jill

Old February 10th 05, 11:37 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

There's a good idea! Less costly than filtering, too

Jill ---still broke

Ping Gordon / Exocat CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 February 5th 05 01:55 AM
Ping CatNipped, re. back trouble Exocat Cat anecdotes 1 January 5th 05 08:36 PM
Ping & Weeble visit TED (long) Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 22 November 11th 04 02:35 PM
ping catnipped Bridget Cat anecdotes 3 November 3rd 04 03:12 PM
PING! Catnipped jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 September 29th 04 01:49 PM