update on my little grey friend

Old September 24th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default update on my little grey friend

My Muriel has been with me for 16 years (there are some photos on my
website, but she's hard to photograph - looks just like the cat on
the bag of Somerfield Fuller's Earth cat litter, for UK readers -
silver tabby shorthairs are popular with advertising photographers -
except she has deeper green eyes and is a bit fluffier).

She's got disseminated breast cancer - the primary was removed a year
ago - and doesn't seem to have long to live, but it's very hard to tell.
She hasn't lost much weight, but a few days ago developed a painful
right ear which seemed to be oozing a bit, and some weird coughs and
sneezes. I wondered if she had pneumonia and this was the end. But
after sleeping on our pillow last night and keeping me awake a lot
of the time with coughing fits, she came up to me today wanting to
lie on my chest (her favourite place) with hardly any breathing
troubles, and her ear trouble seems mostly gone too. She sat looking
straight into my eyes from a few inches away and hypnotized us both
to sleep.

This kind of unpredictability is tough. When Ishmael had cancer, he
just declined slowly and steadily, we could see exactly what was
happening. But I really can't tell if Muriel's got days or months.

Old September 24th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

The poor girl! She might up and surprise you yet though... you both have
plenty of purrs coming your way!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 24th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 24 Sep., 16:53, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
[...]

It is hard to not know how one of our loved ones feels. I know that.
Hopefully Muriel feels good. Hopefully she accomplishes a miracle.
Wish her the best.

love
Bettina

Old September 25th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-09-24 09:53:52 -0500, Jack Campin - bogus address
said:

[...]

Poor Muriel. I did not know she had cancer. Many purrs for you all.

Old September 25th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Sep 24, 10:53 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way that she has many more years of snuggling with you in
bed and putting the two of you into restful sleep.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam, and Barnabus

Old September 26th 07, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On Sep 24, 8:53 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
My Muriel has been with me for 16 years (there are some photos on my

She's got disseminated breast cancer -
She hasn't lost much weight, but a few days ago developed a painful

troubles, and her ear trouble seems mostly gone too. She sat looking
straight into my eyes from a few inches away and hypnotized us both
to sleep.

This kind of unpredictability is tough. When Ishmael had cancer, he
just declined slowly and steadily, we could see exactly what was
happening. But I really can't tell if Muriel's got days or months.

Oh, I'm sorry. I just got to your post catching up a bit. I've
always thought silver tabbies were ever so striking. This is such a
hard time and I'm sure you've got it covered. Just be there for her.
Watch her to know she's not hurting. I said a little prayer.

Old September 26th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

My Muriel has been with me for 16 years
She's got disseminated breast cancer -

[and what seemed to be an acute infection]
This kind of unpredictability is tough. When Ishmael had cancer, he
just declined slowly and steadily, we could see exactly what was
happening. But I really can't tell if Muriel's got days or months.

Oh, I'm sorry. I just got to your post catching up a bit. I've
always thought silver tabbies were ever so striking. This is such a
hard time and I'm sure you've got it covered. Just be there for her.
Watch her to know she's not hurting. I said a little prayer.

She has now almost completely recovered - elbowing the other cats
out of the way to get at the crunchies, jumping up on the pillow to
tickle me in the eyes with her tail at 3am and generally being just
her old self. So, she dodged the bullet this time. Scary though.

Old September 29th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

[...]

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek