Shelters

Old June 7th 05, 02:17 AM
Alan

Shelters are much like prisons:
Out of sight out of mind
"They" don't want to be there
We feel they need to be there for their (and our) own good
Stay pretty act nice and they'll get out (maybe)
Stay nasty and act nasty they're likely to never come out
Accomodations are free to the inmate
Food is free to the inmate
Medical care is free to the inmate
Treat an inmate poorly and some Rights Group will have your skin
Treat an inmate well and they still might bite you
Oh .. never mind ... in prison uethanasia is not an option. damn

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
What is going on with all I'm hearing about shelters.
Maybe it's like a hospitol the germs end up drug resistant?
Sick cats coming out of them, and so on.

Seems like they could just evacuate the place (if it was possible)
Fumagate it and then put all the inmates back in. (sounds simple, but I
guess if they are full it could be hard to do).

--
Barry

... Women and cats are both black at night. - Bosnia ...

Old June 7th 05, 02:23 AM
bigbadbarry

Cheryl wrote:
Barry, that doesn't answer the question and you know it. You're
trying to say that only 14% of people get their cats from
"shelters" and you apparently don't even know what the meaning of
"shelter" is. You'll see when you read Phil's post.

That's what I read.

14% of pet owners nationwide got thier pet from a shelter.

between 4 - 15 million animals are euthanized.

I read a whole snorkel full of statistics and cross statistics.
I found it very interesting.

The data was gathered from 1,000 participating shelters.

Now I've read right many of your posts, and you are very experienced
with the whole thing; but I'm getting weary of wearing these kid gloves
just to have a half-way intelligent, casual colloquy about it.

Old June 7th 05, 02:28 AM
bigbadbarry

Cheryl wrote:

Now you go read Alans post (I'm sure you already have)

but, this is the kind of interaction I'm talking about.

dammit.

Instead you refer me to someone who just got finished calling me a
****ing moron.

I don't know what hand life has dealt you, I'm sorry if the path has
been long or bitter Im not asking. Im just saying, whatever is behind
your quips; and general pricklyness...I could do without it.

If you bite me one more time, you better have me kill filed.
Cause you are going to get your feelings hurt. Im only human.

Old June 7th 05, 02:33 AM
Phil P.

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
ups.com...

Phil P. wrote:

You might want to spend more time researching and less time babbling
dangerous nonsense.

I said I was fixin to work at a shelter numb nuts
don't give me that moral superiority crap

No moral superiorty- you're just a babbling idiot.

I said

I did not want to injure the 14%

You big dumb ass

I told you that rescue organizations are also considered shelters. So,
Einstein, a lot more than 14% of pet owners adopt cats from shelters. Even
14% translates into millions of cats.

Keep on slinging mud! keep on.

Just callin' it the way I see it.

Your gonna find out I'm a rock,

I already know you're a rock. You have the common sense of a rock to prove
it.

your gonna fall on me, and your gonna
get your feelings broke.

You can't 'break' my feelings because you're not important enough to me to
hurt my feelings. Your stupidity ****ed me off because it could hurt cats.

I'm already starting to feel a little sorry for you. I wouldn't have called
you a moron if I knew you really are one. Sorry.

Old June 7th 05, 02:39 AM
Phil P.

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Cheryl wrote:

snip
Why don't you go on and do some more research, and tell us where
animal rescue organizations acquire their cats.

--
Cheryl

I did..it's up there where you snipped it out.

here I'll put it back.

42.5 percent of pets that entered animal shelters were submitted by
animal control authorities

That wasn't the question, Einstein. The question was from where do people
get their pets.

"48% get their pets as strays, from friends, from animal rescuers". Cheryl
asked you if you knew from where animal rescuers got most of their cats.
Still can't figure it out?

Animal control authorities are not animal rescuers or animal rescue
organizations. Animal rescuers and animal rescue organizations rescue most
of their animals from animal control authorities.

Old June 7th 05, 02:39 AM
Phil P.

"Alan" wrote in message
Shelters are much like prisons:

Another moron.

Old June 7th 05, 02:46 AM
bigbadbarry

Phil P. wrote:
______________

Say it don't spray it

Hey! bitch I didn't know.

**** you man

Old June 7th 05, 02:51 AM
bigbadbarry

Phil P. wrote:
Your stupidity ****ed me off because it could hurt cats.

I'm already starting to feel a little sorry for you. I wouldn't have called
you a moron if I knew you really are one. Sorry.

Your full of crap Phil and you know it.

You seem to be the only one who got ****ed at my comment...no...
your just looking to vent anger.

Now, why don't you tell the truth...what are you reeaaally frustrated
about.

Im sensing a little repression here.

Tell the truth man!

You know, if you told the truth, you may not feel the need to be
cutting off your own nose to spite your face. Im on the cat's side! I'm
in favor of all the glorious things one could do to help a cat.

What is funny, is that you could not see my intention, by reason of
your own guile. You my friend are a snare to yourself. You are your own
worst enemy.
If anyone is going to take you down it will be yourself.

Old June 7th 05, 02:58 AM
Alan

"Phil P." wrote in message
k.net...

"Alan" wrote in message
Shelters are much like prisons:

Another moron.

Sorry Phil... despite the undeserved insult (we don't even know each other
and maybe it is best), I still maintain the parallel is obvoius. Of our two
one was obtained from an ASPCA shelter and the other was a stray. During the
shelter visit my first thought was it was like a prison. Simple as that -
poor creatures. We opted to keep the stray mainly becouse of our memories of
the shelter and the odds of someone adopting a plain gray adult tabby with
horribly infected ears.
Folks on this newsgroup need to be more civil.
Alan

Old June 7th 05, 02:59 AM
Philip

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message

"Mary"

Well, thinking is good. Phil, by the way, puts a lot of hours
into rescuing cats and kittens. And saves lots of kitty lives here, with
his good advice. Like me, he can be a little blunt when riled.

You're gonna defend that garbage? It's a legitamate question.

Lets put things into perspective. How many people headed to a shelter are
gonna check out thier news reader prior to going, as if any web search is
not already littered with advice. Bottom line, people are going to do what
they want.

Phil is just an ass, and your defending it?

Talk about a snake pit.

Just to spike this thread with a little psychological "separation anxiety",
I would not have visited the shelters I did but for the clamor from a few
members in this group.

Now if we can just get Conan over this bad cold he has ... Argh! It's
comical and sad to watch Conan sneeze. He opens his mouth wide, tilts his
head back a bit, closes his eyes and ... AHHHH CHOO! Clear slobber goes
flying. Sad.
--

- Philip