Cruel Dish TV commercial

Old September 10th 05, 07:42 AM
Doris Late Nite via CatKB.com

Default Cruel Dish TV commercial

I just saw a commercial on TV that seems to be cruel to cats. A few couples
are eating dinner in a large comfortable home. Each couple talks about how
their TV cable "sucks"...Just then the TV in the living room starts "sucking"
everything in the room and dining room...Various items "fly" to the screen
and stick.

Just then the family cat gets dragged to the TV..How did they film this, the
cat looks frightened.

I know the cat is only onscreen for about 8 seconds, but still..She is
grabbing at the carpet in fright.

Old September 10th 05, 01:30 PM
JQ

That's awful, what is it advertising for? If I see it I will write in a
complaint. You should to. Stuff like that promotes animal abuse and
makes people think animals are unimportant. Like you wouldn't ever see
a baby get sucked to the TV in place of a cat, right, well why should
animals be less important. Bad message in some commercials and we have
to fight that. I have wrote numerous advertising agencies regarding ads
and they do respond. One campaign completely stopped - because enough
people must have complained. Every voice helps! They even wrote me
back.
JQ

Old September 10th 05, 03:34 PM
Barb

The commercial was written by an idiot. The first time you watch it and
after that just listening to it repeated over and over- "This sucks and that
sucks and on and on" becomes very annoying. Kind of like on Trump's The
Apprentice where both groups made such poor commercials that they were
unusable.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old September 10th 05, 04:35 PM
JQ

It's not about whether the cat was actually injured or not, it's still
promoting animal abuse!! Anything offensive regarding animals should
not be allowed to air. I'd like to know which commercial and company it
is so we can write a complaint.
JQ

Old September 10th 05, 06:30 PM
Doris Late Nite via CatKB.com

The commecial was for Dish TV, a satellite television company.

An earlier poster was correct, it is poorly written..The characters say "this
sucks, that sucks" over and over again..The commercial plays off the clash
between the middle-of-the-road appearance of the home and dullness of the
individuals with what is coming out of their mouths. They ought to call it
MeanTV.

Old September 11th 05, 11:24 PM
Katy

"Doris Late Nite via CatKB.com" wrote in message
The commecial was for Dish TV, a satellite television company.

An earlier poster was correct, it is poorly written..The characters say

"this
sucks, that sucks" over and over again..The commercial plays off the clash
between the middle-of-the-road appearance of the home and dullness of the
individuals with what is coming out of their mouths. They ought to call it
MeanTV.

I think it is funny.