BW--SKISK-SKISK-SKISK!

Old June 2nd 11, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine[_2_]

Default BW--SKISK-SKISK-SKISK!

I was dozing off for a good night's sleep with Robin curled up on my
arm with his head on my pillow and purring into my hair. Then I felt
Westie jump on the foot of the bed and make his way toward me. He
likes to sleep against my back.

But he didn't stop. He continued right up onto the extra pillows. Then
I heard it! Scree, scree, scree! The sound of cat claws on the wall! I
immediately say "skisk, skisk, skisk", as I lean over and start
flailing at him with my arm. I connect with his tail, I think, as he
runs off. He only has two speeds: walking, and running at top speed!

I settle back down with Robin, who never stopped purring. Of course,
my arm is still under him. We are really purring and snoozing when I
felt Westie come back. He again slithers up onto the pillows (he will
sleep there sometimes) and I hear Scree, Scree, Scree again! I do the
"skisk, skisk, skisk" again and flail with my arm. this time I manage
to roll him off the pillow. And he takes off at high speed.

I settle back to my pillow with Robin; but I can't seem to recapture
the blissful dozing state. Time goes by with Robin purring. Then I
feel Westie climb up carefully onto the bed, and slowly walk
stealthily toward me. I think maybe he has learned his lesson and has
come to sleep with me. But he gets on the pillows again. And then
leaps up SCREEING across the wall full of pictures!

I come up off the pillow, dumping Robin and swinging my arm again! I
am practically yelling "SKISK, SKISK, SKISK" as I connect with his
body and roll him across the bed! Both cats take off running at top
speed!

I settle back to my pillow as I miss my purr-motor. But I am wide
awake as I stare at the window, the moomlight coming in and shining on
the wall above the bed. a miller-moth is fluttering in the light,
making a moving shadow on the wall.

Silly cat was chasing a shadow!

--
CATherine
Old June 3rd 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine[_2_]

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:37:47 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

--------snip
I settle back to my pillow as I miss my purr-motor. But I am wide
awake as I stare at the window, the moomlight coming in and shining on
the wall above the bed. a miller-moth is fluttering in the light,
making a moving shadow on the wall.

Silly cat was chasing a shadow!

--
CATherine

Ah... but it could have been a stealth attack from an alien, (they know
about these things in the Mother ship) Westie was under orders to protect
you both as you slept.

Judith

He really is zealous about chasing the evil millers. I certainly
wouldn't want one trying to hide in my nose or ears! "Keep after them,
Westie; but stay off the picture wall!"

--
CATherine
Old June 3rd 11, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

CATherine wrote:
I was dozing off for a good night's sleep with Robin curled up on my
arm with his head on my pillow and purring into my hair. Then I felt
Westie jump on the foot of the bed and make his way toward me. He
likes to sleep against my back.

But he didn't stop. He continued right up onto the extra pillows. Then
I heard it! Scree, scree, scree! The sound of cat claws on the wall! I
immediately say "skisk, skisk, skisk", as I lean over and start
flailing at him with my arm. I connect with his tail, I think, as he
runs off. He only has two speeds: walking, and running at top speed!

I know that sound! Yes, it's unusual here too, because wallpaper is
not a pleasant scratching material. There has to be something unusual,
like a moth or a red dot bug, to trigger it.
Old June 3rd 11, 01:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CATherine[_2_]

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 20:01:10 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

CATherine wrote:
I was dozing off for a good night's sleep with Robin curled up on my
arm with his head on my pillow and purring into my hair. Then I felt
Westie jump on the foot of the bed and make his way toward me. He
likes to sleep against my back.

But he didn't stop. He continued right up onto the extra pillows. Then
I heard it! Scree, scree, scree! The sound of cat claws on the wall! I
immediately say "skisk, skisk, skisk", as I lean over and start
flailing at him with my arm. I connect with his tail, I think, as he
runs off. He only has two speeds: walking, and running at top speed!

I know that sound! Yes, it's unusual here too, because wallpaper is
not a pleasant scratching material. There has to be something unusual,
like a moth or a red dot bug, to trigger it.

This old lady just remembered! It sounds like fingernails on a
blackboard! I wonder if modern schools still have them.

--
CATherine