Simon's Final Update

Old September 28th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
JohnR66

Default Simon's Final Update

Thank you all for the support offered in my other post a couple days prior.
Simon died around 11:30pm Saturday night.

Thursday and Friday he took enough water but wasn't taking food. After
researching on the Internet I found they should not go without food for long
due to liver damage. I bought some canned food and a syringe and was able to
get some food in him Saturday. He kept it down, no problem. By 5:00pm I
thought he looked as if the food was making him feel better. I left then and
returned home around 9:30 pm. I packed the syringe to give him more food
orally. Since the food was cold, I set it down to warm up and went on to
something else. Before I came back to feed him, Simon began crying out and
breathing faster. I calmed him down, but it started again. He just laid on
his side and was panting occasionally. Snickers, my other cat knew something
was wrong. He was pacing about trying to understand. At this point I knew
his body was shutting down. I laid beside him, petting him and spoke softly
of fond memories. Finally those horrid convulsive gasps for air started and
it was over.

So that's it. My beautiful boy is gone. Sunday morning I built him a wooden
casket and started digging a hole in the back yard.

John

Old September 28th 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

On 28 Sep, 07:46, "JohnR66" wrote:
Thank you all for the support offered in my other post a couple days prior.
Simon died around 11:30pm Saturday night.

We are sorry to hear this- hoped Simon would make it

Sending purrs fro you and Simon

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 28th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"JohnR66" wrote :
So that's it. My beautiful boy is gone. Sunday morning I built him a
wooden casket and started digging a hole in the back yard.

Oh, John, I'm so sorry. After how hard you tried and the excellent care you
gave him. If love and smarts could have kept him alive, he's still be with
you. Unfortunately, sometimes even when you do everything right, it is just
their time. I know your heart is breaking, and I know you gave him the very
best life he could have had.

Old September 28th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gandalf

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:46:29 GMT, "JohnR66" wrote:

[...]

I am very sorry that Simon did not survive.

At least you were spared making the terrible decision to have to put him
to sleep, because he was in great pain, or paralyzed.

I am very sorry for your terrible loss.

I have two graves in my back yard, with stone markers. Lucky, and
Blizzard, my longtime companions, are buried there; with their favorite
toys, wrapped in the blanket each slept on for so many years.

Old September 29th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

[...]

So sorry. I really hate reading any post where the rear legs aren't
working. I still remember looking at LuckyBoy and noticing that his
rear legs didn't seem to be working. It never seems to have a good
outcome.
Old September 29th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

JohnR66 wrote:
[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel..." It is hard to let you go.

Sincere condolences, MLB

Old September 30th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
JohnR66

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Please give your kitties an extra big
hug today.
John

Old September 30th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stampir

"JohnR66" wrote in message
[...]

Poor kitty. You have my condolences. At least he's not suffering any more.

final update: Peter Ann Cat anecdotes 6 December 3rd 07 10:11 PM
Capt. Midnight -- The Final Update [MMS Content] ChildFree23 Cat community 22 January 2nd 06 01:11 AM
Indiana Feral Park Cats: Final Update (I hope) [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 20 May 2nd 05 09:39 PM
Sara: Final Update Exocat Cat anecdotes 6 October 28th 04 03:31 PM