Further Miss Whiskers update...

Old October 31st 05, 08:33 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Further Miss Whiskers update...

Helen Miles wrote:

As you know, Miss Whiskers had her op to remove her left eye this
morning. She is now back home, sacked out on a ho****er bottle covered
in a sheepskin fleece, having eaten 2 packets of kitten whiskas.

I think she's going to be OK. ;o)

The vet says that she's skinny and underweight, but I think that will be
resolved pretty quickly with some TLC and lots of high quality kitten
food.

We're playing with names now.

I always give my girl cats names they can be proud of. I already have
Pandora and Cleopatra (Cleo for short). The ones I'm thinking about for
Miss Whiskers are Egyptian and a

Eshe - which means "Life"
Jendayi - which means "Thankful"
Omorose - which means "Beautiful"
Sagira - which means "Little one"

and "Lotus" as in Lotus flower, which I just really like. I'm leaning
towards "Lotus" at the moment as it seems to fit.

We'll see which one fits in the next few days. "His Royal Feline
Lordship Tiger" had about 20 different names until he told me what he
was called. ;o)

Helen M

My cats generally end up with operatic names. If I had a
one-eyed female cat, she'd probably be "(Princess) Eboli"
from the opera "Don Carlo". Her real-life counterpart was
the mistress of Philippe II of Spain, reputed to be a great
beauty, and she was known to wear a patch over one eye
(presumably due to injury).

Old November 1st 05, 02:33 AM
Takayuki

"Helen Miles" wrote:
As you know, Miss Whiskers had her op to remove her left eye this
morning. She is now back home, sacked out on a ho****er bottle covered
in a sheepskin fleece, having eaten 2 packets of kitten whiskas.

I think she's going to be OK. ;o)

Awwww! She's a sweetheart! So many Miss Whiskers posts today. She's
so loved, so wonderful. I wonder how she got the way she was? I
don't think it's possible that a person could so something like that
on purpose.

Old November 1st 05, 04:32 AM
Susan M

Congratulations to Miss Whiskers for wending her way into your life in such
a short time. I'm so glad that the operation went well and am looking
forward to pictures and a new name!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

news:ba3f798506487336cb56dd4e522ab3b6.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old November 1st 05, 09:07 AM
Helen Miles

"Takayuki" wrote in message

I wonder how she got the way she was? I
don't think it's possible that a person could so something like that
on purpose.//

Unfortunately, that's what both the vet and the RSPCA think. Last week
Cats Protection had a kitten from the same geographical area which had
to be sent to Rainbow Bridge because it had been blinded in both eyes
and it was beyond help. (

Miss Whiskers and one of the Cardiff Devils ice-hockey players will be
doing a photo shoot early next week for the local paper to raise
awareness.

Helen M

Old November 1st 05, 12:38 PM
Jeanette

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:010ac08f36f55253038d23e31fd44983.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Miss Whiskers and one of the Cardiff Devils ice-hockey players will be
doing a photo shoot early next week for the local paper to raise
awareness.

Helen M

Excellent

Jeanette

Old November 1st 05, 01:10 PM
Jane

Eshe - which means "Life"
Jendayi - which means "Thankful"
Omorose - which means "Beautiful"
Sagira - which means "Little one"

and "Lotus" as in Lotus flower, which I just really like. I'm leaning
towards "Lotus" at the moment as it seems to fit.

I vote for Eshe, because she CHOSE Life after all she's been through,
and fought for it, and WON.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita
Old November 1st 05, 02:29 PM
M Elizabeth

[...]

I'm glad she is doing so well...Personally, I love the name Lotus.

Old November 1st 05, 09:57 PM
Shirley

[...]

I'm glad to hear she's doing well.

I quite liked the name Miss Whiskers but if you like Egyptian names
what about Hathor the godess of joy, love and beauty.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestor...thorbeauty.htm

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Miss Whiskers update. Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 16 November 2nd 05 11:37 PM
Saying goodbye to Miss Violette Gandalf Cat community 6 October 24th 05 09:59 PM
Da Gestbuk Heather Cat community 316 November 11th 04 04:05 PM
Update fur Miss Violette Tabitha Kitten Cat community 6 November 6th 04 01:23 PM
My Tribute to Spook KS Cat community 38 October 23rd 03 03:00 AM