Update on Miss Whiskers Thurs PM

Old November 4th 05, 12:04 AM
Helen Miles

Default Update on Miss Whiskers Thurs PM

Just got back from the ER.

It seems that Miss Whiskers has an systemic infection from her ordeal.
Quite apart from the damaged eye, something that I didn't mention on
Friday was that when found, she also had quite badly burned paws which
were all puffy, swolen, sore and red, a nasty gash at the base of her
tail, and the very tip of her tail was cut off and bleeding - probably
caused by something sharp.

She had a dose of the runs over the vet table, however her chest sounds
clear, she doesn't have a high temperature, and apart from problems
breathing, she is OK. Vet thinks that she is just sore and in pain and
now the pain killers have worn off from surgery, she's feeling it which
is causing the other symptoms.

She sees the vet again at 9.10am tomorrow morning. I may just be being
over-anxious, but to be honest, she's been through so much I'd far
rather over react than screw up.

Please keep sending purrs that it's nothing too serious. She's really
captured hearts in the Miles house.

Helen M

Old November 4th 05, 12:09 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

All the beasties are purring (still!) and grunting for things to settle
quickly, and for Miss Whiskers to heal up quickly.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - Poor little mite, she's had a full life
already, and she's so little (well, to me all kittens are "little").

Old November 4th 05, 12:27 AM
Shirley

Continued purrs for Miss Whiskers.

I don't think you can 'over react' when it comes to bitties health and
well being, FWIW I would have done the same.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

news:3efdda1a2bd9a014a742a5c6b8515b39.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old November 4th 05, 12:54 AM
Jo Firey

She will be in our purrs. I don't think you are over reacting at all. She
may have a will of iron. But there is just so much a little bit can take
physically.

Looking forward to the day she can raise heck like a proper hoolikitten.

Jo

Old November 4th 05, 12:57 AM
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Purrs continuing for her to feel better. She has indeed been through a lot,
poor little bitty.

Jill

Old November 4th 05, 01:34 AM
JBHajos

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:04:31 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

Please keep sending purrs that it's nothing too serious. She's really
captured hearts in the Miles house.

Oh, god, the poor little lamb. A double dose of purrs are on their
way along with our earnest prayers for full and quick recovery. Miss
Whiskers has captured *our* hearts too.

Jeanne
Old November 4th 05, 01:46 AM
Susan M

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:3efdda1a2bd9a014a742a5c6b8515b39.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Just got back from the ER.

It seems that Miss Whiskers has an systemic infection from her ordeal.
Quite apart from the damaged eye, something that I didn't mention on
Friday was that when found, she also had quite badly burned paws which
were all puffy, swolen, sore and red, a nasty gash at the base of her
tail, and the very tip of her tail was cut off and bleeding - probably
caused by something sharp.

Loads of purrs to our valiant Miss Whiskers to heal very very quickly and
conquer her infection.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old November 4th 05, 01:57 AM
Lucy's Mom

Poor bittie.....We're purring and praying over here like
crazy.....Keep us posted

--Kim and the CRC
Old November 4th 05, 02:14 AM
Wayne Mitchell

"Helen Miles" wrote:

She sees the vet again at 9.10am tomorrow morning. I may just be being
over-anxious, but to be honest, she's been through so much I'd far
rather over react than screw up.

Please keep sending purrs that it's nothing too serious. She's really
captured hearts in the Miles house.

She's captured a few hearts in this newsgroup too. We'll be
sending our best and loudest purrs.

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi
Old November 4th 05, 02:28 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Still purring for Miss Whiskers and a smooth recovery!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com