We have a name :o)

Old November 4th 05, 10:59 PM
Helen Miles

Default We have a name :o)

Miss Whiskers has officially been named this evening. Her official name
is "Lilly".

We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
)

She told us what her name is. ;o)

Lilly it is.

Helen M

Old November 4th 05, 11:31 PM
Exocat

"Helen Miles" wrote

Miss Whiskers has officially been named this evening. Her official name
is "Lilly".
We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
)
She told us what her name is. ;o)

Welcome to your new world of caring and listening hoomins, Little Miss
Lilly!
May your stay be long and happy.

Purrs from us all

Bandit, Snowball & Claudius
+ Gordon the hoomin & Raki the amenable d-thing

Old November 4th 05, 11:33 PM
Irulan

hey, Lilly is a beautiful name! I should know! It's my name too!!!
Lily (Secrepurry, HK '05)

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
news:69847eab4bc0a6d137f9ae2ffd878a5b.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old November 5th 05, 04:53 AM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 22:59:39 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
yodeled:

Miss Whiskers has officially been named this evening. Her official name
is "Lilly".

We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
)

She told us what her name is. ;o)

Lilly it is.

Helen M

Lily Whiskers!! Welcome!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 5th 05, 04:54 AM
Rhonda

Helen Miles wrote:

We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
)

She told us what her name is. ;o)

Maybe she was trying to tell you that her name is "Mrrrp?"

Rhonda

Old November 5th 05, 06:24 AM
Houston Legal Secretary

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:69847eab4bc0a6d137f9ae2ffd878a5b.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Miss Whiskers has officially been named this evening. Her official name
is "Lilly".

We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
)

She told us what her name is. ;o)

Lilly it is.

Helen M

That is precious! I don't recall the author of this poem (I **think** it
might be Lewis Carroll), but it is appropriate:

The Naming of Cats
The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, or George or Bill Bailey -
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter -
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum -
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover -
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name.

HLS

Old November 5th 05, 06:27 AM
Houston Legal Secretary

"Houston Legal Secretary" wrote in
message ...

[...]

My husband corrected me: It was T.S. Eliot

HLS

Old November 5th 05, 06:33 AM
Jeanette

Helen Miles wrote in message
news:69847eab4bc0a6d137f9ae2ffd878a5b.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Miss Whiskers has officially been named this evening. Her official name
is "Lilly".

We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
)

She told us what her name is. ;o)

Lilly it is.

Helen M

And a fine match for Tiger

Jeanette

Old November 5th 05, 11:00 AM
Adrian

Helen Miles wrote:
Miss Whiskers has officially been named this evening. Her official
name is "Lilly".

We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
o)

She told us what her name is. ;o)

Lilly it is.

Helen M

Welcome, Lilly, I hope we'll soon see pictures. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 5th 05, 01:45 PM
jmcquown

Helen Miles wrote:
Miss Whiskers has officially been named this evening. Her official
name is "Lilly".

We decided on calling her Lotus, but when we called her using the name
"Lotus", she ignored us. (She was asleep). Then my brother said, how
about Lilly? At which point her little tabby head shot up from the
blanket she was on, with a "who called?" look on her face and a mrrrp.
o)

She told us what her name is. ;o)

Lilly it is.

Helen M

Purrrrfect! Persia told me her name, too ;o)

Jill