Ants! Part two

Old April 22nd 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Default Ants! Part two

Up until now, all I saw were tiny little ants in Rita's dry food
bowl.
Cleaned that up, powdered the floor, sprayed the immidiate
infestation, put down ant traps, and put her dish on a plate with
water. Problem solved. Yeah, I saw one or two on the counter, but I
probably dragged them up with me at one time.

This morning I found another one or two on the counter. Ick. Cleaned
them up, put away
the clean dishes, emptied the dishwasher and refilled it.

A couple of hours later, my friend showed up to visit for awhile. I
went into the kitchen to
cook lunch. ANTS ANTS ALL OVER THE COUNTER! Hundreds of them!
Ewww!!
So...I cleaned off the counters and started pouring white vinegar
liberally everywhere,
and started mopping.....
Then I opened the dishwasher. It had MILLIONS of the little buggers!
Looks like something must have hatched recently, and under or inside
the dishwasher! *shudder* It was black with them.

So....sprayed Raid liberally, and ran the dishwasher twice to clean
them out. Then I saw another one on the counter, so I got out my
dollar store bottles of cinnamon and started sprinkling. All over the
floor, inside the dishwasher, especially around the seals, and now I
haven't seen an ant in hours.

I'm calling management first thing Monday morning. There's a nest
somewhere nearby.
So far, they're not in the cupboards, preferring to stay with the
water and sink.
*sigh* Thank God I got into the habit of sealing all food up tightly
when I first moved south.

As for Rita, she doesn't care. She's having too much fun chasing the
beetles that come in the patio door. I find squished bodies in my
living room once in awhile.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita, and apparently by a billion
ants.

Old April 22nd 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

[snips]

No cluons were harmed when Jane wrote:
As for Rita, she doesn't care. She's having too much fun chasing the
beetles that come in the patio door. I find squished bodies in my
living room once in awhile.

I feel your pain. Every time I run the Forte Agent newsreader, it tells me
it is "Retreiving Bodies" (big, evil grin).

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 22nd 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 18:27:43 -0700, Jane wrote:

[...]

Sending my deepest sympathy. MLB

Old April 22nd 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jane wrote:

Then I opened the dishwasher. It had MILLIONS of the little buggers!
Looks like something must have hatched recently, and under or inside
the dishwasher! *shudder* It was black with them.

Be glad it was only ants - I moved into my new, freshly
cleaned apartment last November, only to open the dishwasher
and discover it swarming with COCKROACHES of all sizes!
(Hysterical screqming at the management company - in person,
in their front office, where they entertain porspective
tenants - got results, but I was still seeing roaches for
several weeks.)

Then I saw another one on the counter, so I got out my
dollar store bottles of cinnamon and started sprinkling. All over the
floor, inside the dishwasher, especially around the seals, and now I
haven't seen an ant in hours.

What did I tell you about cinnamon? It doesn't kill them,
but it encourages them to go away!
Old April 22nd 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:00:02 -0400, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Jane wrote:

Then I saw another one on the counter, so I got out my
dollar store bottles of cinnamon and started sprinkling. All over the
floor, inside the dishwasher, especially around the seals, and now I
haven't seen an ant in hours.

What did I tell you about cinnamon? It doesn't kill them,
but it encourages them to go away!

This is a great tip to hold onto. Thanks for the idea.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old April 23rd 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_2_]

http://www.gardensalive.com/product....&ss=ant%20bait

I had (past tense) carpenter ants. The pro at the expensive pest
control place said they are almost impossible. Repeated
treatments, $175 per treatment.

One application of this (squirted some in a jar lid, and left it
on the table) and havn't seen an ant since. No kidding!

Hint: Don't buy a lot of stuff on your first order from this
catalog, cause they keep sending catalogs. And every couple
catalogs they have a "Buy $25 and get $25 freee" coupon on front
or back.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...
:

Old April 23rd 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
shawn

Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://www.gardensalive.com/product....&ss=ant%20bait

I had (past tense) carpenter ants. The pro at the expensive pest
control place said they are almost impossible. Repeated
treatments, $175 per treatment.

One application of this (squirted some in a jar lid, and left it
on the table) and havn't seen an ant since. No kidding!

Hint: Don't buy a lot of stuff on your first order from this
catalog, cause they keep sending catalogs. And every couple
catalogs they have a "Buy $25 and get $25 freee" coupon on front
or back.

Yeah, that the stuff I was talking about. Works great.

Ants!! Jane Cat anecdotes 23 April 18th 07 09:59 PM
Part Lion.. Part Tiger IBen Getiner Cat health & behaviour 7 June 11th 05 03:35 AM
Josi, part Siamese, part Stegosaurus? Rainy-Day-Laughter Cat anecdotes 10 February 1st 04 05:29 PM
Ants, ants, ants and more ants Me Cat community 10 October 18th 03 07:43 AM
big black ants Stacey Cat anecdotes 9 August 12th 03 02:31 AM