I'm cranky with Little Bit this morning

Old August 25th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix

Default I'm cranky with Little Bit this morning

Let me tell you about Little Bit this morning. Little Bit, you
may recall, is the blind kitty who lives in the room where my
computer also lives.

This morning, she insisted on sitting on the keyboard tray on my
desk. Which is usually fine.

This morning I had my bowl of cereal sitting off to my left, and
had just tested my blood and was in the middle of sticking myself
with the insulin pen when the dipstick cat decided the thing to
do was to walk ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD over and over trying to
figure out how to get to my cereal! And me with no hands to toss
her off the dratted thing!

By the time I removed her, she'd marked several email messages as
Important and brought up **96** Internet Explorer windows, all
trying to get to Yahoo!!! I have NO clue what she stepped on! Oh,
and plus the computer's "keyboard shortcut console". Yikes!

I am hoping I didn't collect any viruses or anything....it took
20 minutes for it to reboot, and I had to say "End Now" for every
one of those Explorer windows.

I'm a little cranky with the Little Bit this morning.

Deborah
slave to the magnificent seven

--

Delmer Udell Ruppert, 8/19/1928 - 8/18/2009
Rest in peace, dad
Old August 25th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Phoenix wrote:
[...]

Suggestion: Eat in the kitchen. Do your blood work under sanitary
conditions -- without the cat's help. Best wishes. MLB
Old August 25th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Phoenix wrote:

[...]

That is hilarious! (Although I do realize that it probably wasn't One
Bit Funny when it happened.) 96 IE windows, eek! Just be glad that when
you have to kill the task on a program that won't die, it doesn't also
ask whether you'd like to report the problem to Microsoft, as it does
on our computers at work. Then you'd've had to do twice the work, saying
"No" to each and every one of those. (Although it might've been amusing
to say "Yes" to all of them.)

I guess the moral is, don't try to (1) eat, (2) hang out with kitty,
and (3) attend to blood sugar all at the same time.

Glad to hear that she's come out of her shell!

Joyce

--
JANUARY 1, 1000: This was the historic day that humanity celebrated
the dawn of our current millennium. The occasion was marked by
Old August 25th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 25, 3:33*pm, Phoenix wrote:

I'm a little cranky with the Little Bit this morning.

Deborah
slave to the magnificent seven

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your offer to join us in our effort to gain access to
the long-abandoned Bank of Africa account of your deceased Uncle
Serge. Some of the wording of your response was difficult to
comprehend and I am afraid I have no grandfather for you to do
whatever it is you offered to do with. However, our business
relationship should prosper. We appreciate your trust and would not
think of using any of the access codes or numbers you sent us.

Weeseek defraudyooo two
Bank of Africa

Old August 25th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"MLB" wrote in message
Phoenix wrote:
[...]

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I suspect given the challenges of regular meals, blood checks and
insulin those were relatively sanitary conditions.

It really is difficult not to get pretty casual about the whole
deal. And with seven cats, Little Bits room probably offers less
distraction than the rest of the house.

Jake never bothers me when I'm dealing with my medication, with the
exception of one injection that requires more time and more care.
Then he suddenly wants to help.

Jo

Old August 26th 09, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Phoenix wrote:
[...]

Ooh, I know that feeling! Caliban is very well aware that when I'm
taking my insulin, I can't do anything to stop him from doing anything
he shouldn't. He also likes to walk on my computer, but the worst thing
is when he tries to get into my lap when I'm in the middle of injecting.
I'm terrified that he'll get in the way of the needle when I pull it
out. And he's very insistent when he wants lap time.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 26th 09, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Phoenix wrote:

wrote:

Glad to hear that she's come out of her shell!

"Out of her shell"? That's really FUNNY! This cat is now
obnoxiously demanding whenever I'm at my desk (in her room), and
if someone doesn't come into that space quickly enough in the
morning when she hears us moving around in the rest of the house,
she starts MROW!!!ing really loudly. I swear there is some
Siamese in there.

My entire right side of my right thigh and butt have claw marks
in them, because she wants to get up and sit on my keyboard
tray/lap. So if I don't pick her up immediately, she starts to climb.

Mind, she is still shy with anyone new. When we have company, she
dives under the couch for a while.

But believe me, this cat is not in any shell at ALL with her family!

She's a very sweet, very affectionate cat. Just rather more
demanding than most we've had in the past. And I feel sorry for
her a lot. I mean...what else is there to provide stimulation and
interest in her world except getting pettins and scritchies?

Well, she certainly *is* out of her shell, isn't she? Much bolder
than the shy little cat you first brought home. Heh... be careful
what you wish for! evil laugh

Joyce

--
I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old August 26th 09, 11:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LadyJane

I'm a little cranky with the Little Bit this morning.

Deborah
slave to the magnificent seven

Ooh, I know that feeling! Caliban is very well aware that when I'm
taking my insulin, I can't do anything to stop him from doing anything
he shouldn't. He also likes to walk on my computer, but the worst thing
is when he tries to get into my lap when I'm in the middle of injecting.
I'm terrified that he'll get in the way of the needle when I pull it
out. And he's very insistent when he wants lap time.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki

Yup, the Princess Rita is the same way. Injecting my nighttime insulin
is a two-hand job,and that always seems to be the time that she
decides to get up from her warm comfy place and rub her face against
the hand holding the needle. I do a lot of yelling at her, then
making up for it later on.

I guess it's a blessing that she's never interested in my boring
People Food. After all, it's not Cat Food, right?

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

not a morning cat John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 9 April 5th 09 01:50 AM
cranky Jasmine meee Cat anecdotes 12 February 22nd 06 07:01 AM
Had to put our cat down this morning :( stonej Cat health & behaviour 15 October 11th 05 03:24 AM
caring for cranky cat filigree Cat health & behaviour 4 August 4th 05 01:05 AM
What a morning :^) Sheenah Cat anecdotes 12 July 17th 05 10:35 PM