Cats taking Clothes

Old June 21st 04, 01:22 AM
Theresa

".oO rach Oo." wrote in message ...
When my fiancé was away a few weeks ago, I came home from work one day to
find a few t shirts had been dragged out of a open drawer in the bedroom and
taken to various parts of the apartment. I thought it was funny but put it
down to him being away.

This morning I got up to find a pair of my pants, a t shirt and two cat toys
that were taken out of the laundry hamper (which was knocked over) that had
been dragged into the bathroom.

Any ideas on why they would do that now? Their routines are normal.

One of my cats has dragged socks from the laundry for years. The
dragging is accompanied by loud howls. If she can't find socks, her
favorite thing to drag is underwear. I, too, have always wondered why.

Old June 21st 04, 06:44 AM
minerva nine

They like your smell. My cats like to sleep on my clothes,
wherever they may be. -- M9

--
rach

Old June 21st 04, 10:59 AM
rachel polanskis

In article ,
"Mary" wrote:

".oO rach Oo." wrote

You know, I kind of understand that we will never know what cats think or

why they do things that they do but I swear... if I had one wish, it
wouldn't be for a million dollars, it would be to understand or be told why
the cats do ONE THING they do.

I think they chuckle amongst themselves behind our
backs. "Watch how easy it is to boggle the human's mind. When she comes back
in to the room, I'll stare at the closet door and growl. Flips her right
out."

No problems with clothes, but Cleo Carrington Smith was peering onto the
shelves of our bookcase, stretched as high as she could go and manage
to drag a hammer off the shelf with her paw. Then she tried to pick it
up by the handle.

Sometimes there are things she gets a fixation on and she will repeatedly
drag them off a shelf, or table or whatever. Popular items are
watches, keys, books or sunglasses. When they fall on the floor, she
looks at the object as if she's observing her handiwork and thinking,
"so there *is* gravity, after all..."

I think I've mentioned on various newsgroups before that I think cats go
through 'fads' or 'phases' where they will demonstrate some sort of
strange behaviour for a period of time then suddenly stop and switch to
some other different bizarre cat activity.

rachel

Old June 21st 04, 04:22 PM
Mary

"minerva nine" wrote in message
They like your smell. My cats like to sleep on my clothes,
wherever they may be. -- M9

And, to the person who mentioned that their cat tried to
"bury" their clothes--this might be so that predators won't track your scent
and get you!