I don't like it Meowmie

Old June 14th 09, 11:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AlisonT

Default I don't like it Meowmie

Tank decided he does not like his food.

We have one of those bulk feeder things. DH and I were in bed
watching TV and we heard this strange sound coming from the kitchen.
I went to check and Tank was emptying the feeder by putting his paw in
and pulling the food out onto the floor, every last bit of it. I wish
I had thought to take a picture.

When I was young my older sister took me to the movies and let me eat
anything my heart desired which I later threw up. I couldn't look at
buttered popcorn for years after that. I guess it's something like
that.

Tank now has a different food, in a small bowl.
Old June 14th 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 14, 7:41*am, Bobble wrote:
AlisonT wrote in news:15989541-46fd-4129-8085-
:

Tank decided he does not like his food.

We have one of those bulk feeder things. *DH and I were in bed
watching TV and we heard this strange sound coming from the kitchen.
I went to check and Tank was emptying the feeder by putting his paw in
and pulling the food out onto the floor, every last bit of it. *I wish
I had thought to take a picture.

When I was young my older sister took me to the movies and let me eat
anything my heart desired which I later threw up. *I couldn't look at
buttered popcorn for years after that. *I guess it's something like
that.

Tank now has a different food, in a small bowl.

Funny how some cats can find a way to "talk". *Sonny is the most
communicative cat we've had. *It's very handy to know what they want to
say.

WooToo always "says" the same thing when she is giving an order. She
"beeps" at me. Other sounds are simply comments, as in a programming
language. However, she is quite effective.

If she beeps at her kibble dish, it is time to top it up.
If she beeps at her water dish, it is time to change to some new
fresh, cool water.
If she beeps where her gushy-food dish _would_ be, she thinks it is
time for some more gooodies. We sometimes have disagreements about
this one.
If she beeps sitting on the side of the bed, she wants me to move a
chair over for her to use as a ladder. She can get down from, or up
on, the bed without the chair but sometimes she wants to use her
"staircase."
If she beeps from the floor, looking up at the bed, she wants her
staircase to get up.
If she beeps from the floor, looking at me sitting in the chair, she
wants the chair. If I clear stuff off the _other_ chair, she may curl
up in that one but will probably take my chair and graciously allow me
the other.
If she looks at the door and beeps it means that one of the other cats
is in the hallway and she wants the door opened so her friend can come
in and play.

Other beeps must be interpreted.

--
Will in New Haven

Old June 14th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Will in New Haven wrote:
On Jun 14, 7:41 am, Bobble wrote:
[...]

And while she is beeping she is sending you "thought messages". TuTu
can read my mind and I often get thought messages from her. Best
wishes. MLB
Old June 14th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Jun 14, 7:41 am, Bobble wrote:
[...]

*************

Jake 'talks' a blue streak to Charlie, and just from observation I'd
say there is communication taking place between them. Charlie might
deny it. But he seems to fill bowls and provide treats and fresh
water in conjuction with cat talk.

Jake knows I can't hear, and mostly doesn't bother with me. He really
hasn't worked out that if I'm wearing the hearing processor I can
hear, only that usually I'm not worth the bother. Molly doesn't try
to talk to me either. She goes straight for bumping and tapping if
she wants something.

Mostly people are taught its rude to touch someone to get their
attention. Jake, Molly, Kayla and my granddaughter Emily have no such
hang-up.

Jo

Old June 14th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jun 14, 2:31*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...
On Jun 14, 7:41 am, Bobble wrote:

[...]

I forgot that she usually communicates with paw pokes if we are both
in the bed.
Of course, it is not rude when a Princess does it.

---
Will in New Haven