OT for those who read science fiction

Old November 18th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default OT for those who read science fiction

MASTERS OF MARS
by Al Sarrantonio

In a far distant future, a race of intelligent felines rules a Mars long ago
terraformed by humans from Earth. Now, Earth is just another planet circling
the sun, and—but for the few relics that prove they were ever
there—knowledge of the Old Ones has been lost. Yet war and intrigue and
courage still thrive….

http://www.sfbc.com/doc/full_site_en...yId=209610B510

Old November 18th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shirley

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .
MASTERS OF MARS
by Al Sarrantonio

In a far distant future, a race of intelligent felines rules a Mars
long ago terraformed by humans from Earth. Now, Earth is just
another planet circling the sun, and—but for the few relics that
prove they were ever there—knowledge of the Old Ones has been lost.
Yet war and intrigue and courage still thrive….

http://www.sfbc.com/doc/full_site_en...yId=209610B510

Thanks Matthew!

I'm reading Anne McCaffery & Elizabeth Ann Scarborough's book
'Acorna's Rebels' in which felines have a high profile.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old November 18th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Shirley wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .
MASTERS OF MARS
by Al Sarrantonio

In a far distant future, a race of intelligent felines rules a Mars
long ago terraformed by humans from Earth. Now, Earth is just
another planet circling the sun, and—but for the few relics that
prove they were ever there—knowledge of the Old Ones has been lost.
Yet war and intrigue and courage still thrive….

http://www.sfbc.com/doc/full_site_en...yId=209610B510

Thanks Matthew!

I'm reading Anne McCaffery & Elizabeth Ann Scarborough's book
'Acorna's Rebels' in which felines have a high profile.

Anne McCaffery is known for her love of cats, I've read quite a few of her
books.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old November 18th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Adrian A wrote:

Shirley wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message

MASTERS OF MARS
by Al Sarrantonio

In a far distant future, a race of intelligent felines rules a Mars
long ago terraformed by humans from Earth. Now, Earth is just
another planet circling the sun, and�but for the few relics that
prove they were ever there�knowledge of the Old Ones has been lost.
Yet war and intrigue and courage still thrive�.

http://www.sfbc.com/doc/full_site_en...yId=209610B510

Thanks Matthew!

I'm reading Anne McCaffery & Elizabeth Ann Scarborough's book
'Acorna's Rebels' in which felines have a high profile.

Anne McCaffery is known for her love of cats, I've read quite a few of her
books.

Although the author's name escapes me at the moment, there's
a whole series of "Ghatti" books - they involve a planet's
native species of large telepathic cats who bond with human
partners.
Old November 18th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) kirjoitti:

Adrian A wrote:

Shirley wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Gayle Greeno, according to Google and Amazon.com.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old November 18th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Adrian A wrote:

Shirley wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I've just Googled "Ghatti" and the author is Gayle Greeno, another one for
me to look out for. Thanks Evelyn.

Old November 19th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
gracecat

"Adrian A" wrote in message
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Adrian A wrote:

Shirley wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

If you don't mind juvenile fiction, there's a whole
RedWall/WatershipDown-ish type series of cats. The author or the series name
escapes me. I haven't gotten into them yet but they're very prominent on the
juvenile sci-fi/fantasy shelf at our local bookstore. The cover is a solid
usually single cat, just the face not the entire body.

Grace

Old November 18th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Matthew wrote:
MASTERS OF MARS
by Al Sarrantonio

In a far distant future, a race of intelligent felines rules a Mars
long ago
terraformed by humans from Earth. Now, Earth is just another planet
circling
the sun, and—but for the few relics that prove they were ever
there—knowledge of the Old Ones has been lost. Yet war and intrigue
and
courage still thrive….

http://www.sfbc.com/doc/full_site_en...yId=209610B510

I'll look out for that one, it sounds good.