Apparently I Spoke too Soon (OT)

Old April 22nd 10, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Apparently I Spoke too Soon (OT)

if you ever worked for a good company you would love it, but its a**wipes
like this that give us all a bad name, and of course the ametures that hear
and ad and go into it to "make their milloins" Lee
"jmcquown" wrote in message
LOLOL I was the route accounting supervisor for a now defunct vending
machine company back in TN. No, I didn't haul boxes or load and empty
machines. Me and my "staff" (of English illiterate *legal* imingrants
from Europe and Asia the boss hired via a church organization. He got a
tax write-off and they were cheap labor) tallied up the week's inventory
vs. cash received on computers. It was our job to try to make it balance.
Never happened. I could barely have a conversation with any of my staff.
They were nice people but most had never seen a computer before much less
know anything about accounting. It was like working in a Three Stooges
film. Who's on first?

The boss was a petty tyrant who ran around yelling at people. (I am not
easily intimidated. You do NOT yell at me. I'm an employee, not a
slave.) I only worked there for a year and got out as soon as I could find
another job. At my new job I ran into some of the vending machine route
supervisors pulling their machines out of my new office. Yep, their
contract had been pulled. No surprise there! Trust me, I won't work for
a vending company again!

Jill

"Granby" wrote in message
If carrying that puter wore you out, don't apply for a job in vending.
Carrying cases of 20 oz soda is hard on someone my age but most of
carrying is balance and leverage.
Some things never change and I have to remember where the boxes are to
put things in.
"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
Tomorrow is my last day at my job.
{...]

Slow to the game, Adrian

Jill, please remember the time difference. Us Brits are off to bed
before you are eating your evening meal.

Tweed

True that! Sorry! But it was a back-breaking chore. I know how to set
up a computer quickly but I don't relish doing it. It's back in the
garage now and I retrieved the information I wanted.

Spoke with the vet today and I might be able to bring Persia home as
soon as the 23rd! They're going to call me tomorrow. That would be
fantastic. Save me the expense of boarding her for another week now that
I no longer have a job.

Jill

Old April 22nd 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
Tomorrow is my last day at my job.

{...]

Slow to the game, Adrian

Jill, please remember the time difference. Us Brits are off to bed
before you are eating your evening meal.

Tweed

True that! Sorry! But it was a back-breaking chore. I know how to set
up a computer quickly but I don't relish doing it. It's back in the
garage now and I retrieved the information I wanted.

Spoke with the vet today and I might be able to bring Persia home as soon
as the 23rd! They're going to call me tomorrow. That would be fantastic.
Save me the expense of boarding her for another week now that I no longer
have a job.

I hope you get her back soon, she will be happier in her own home. I'm
sure you will get another job soon - you have so much to offer.
However, please do not tell a Brit off for not keeping up when we are
asleep.
I've missed a lot that was going on in the USA threads that I would have
responded to had it not been in the night when I was asleep.
Tweed

Old April 23rd 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I wasn't deliberately telling anyone "off". I don't keep a clock in my head
that tells me what time zone everyone lives in.

Jill

Old April 23rd 10, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Adrian" wrote in message
news:B4KdncyJ8s4aklLWnZ2dnUVZ8r1i4p2d@brightvie w.com...
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Tweed- Hide quoted text -

Tweed, I think you missed the winky-smiley face in Jill's post. I'm
sure she
was teasing. She wouldn't tell Adrian off for making a suggestion to
help her.
Sherry
Old April 23rd 10, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Of course I wouldn't. I also am not always thinking about the time zone
differences. I realize this is an international ng with people from all
over but I can't keep track of everyone! I wasn't trying to insult Adrian
(or anyone).

Jill