Urinating problem

Old September 11th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Urinating problem

On 10 Sep, 22:49, "Matthew" wrote:
"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

ps.com...

On 10 Sep, 18:42, "Matthew" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

On Mon 10 Sep 2007 01:01:40p, Matthew wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

"Dave" wrote in message
o.uk...

Got a spare bathroom if so take a litter box line it with a
plastic bag make sure the box is clean put NO litter in it
put the furball in the bathroom with food and water close
the door. Be ready for a possible mess ;-)

I mean one of the pans that you use. It will have the smell
from being used before. The clean part is no litter in it
just the plastic bag as a liner. the smell will permeate thru
the bag so the cat thinks it is using the litter box

Ah sounds a plan.. so just put a plastic bag over the litter
tray? Or are you suggesting putting a bag/liner underneath some
litter? I can leave the other cat out overnight or in a
different room with another tray..
No use one of their pan that has been emptied out but not
cleaned. Basically no litter dirty pan. Put a fresh plastic
garbage bag over it. The smell is still there but the plastic
bag will prevent it from being soaked into any left over litter
and make it easy to collect. The ink refill syringe is the best
bet.

PS. it is called www.urinegone.com Naturals Miracle is a
good product also your pet store should carry something similar

You will be shocked once you use the black light. I carry one
when I travel. I have made many hotels come in and change the
linen before I even think about laying down.

You are like on crack today. lol

--
Cheryl

Nope just a SUGAR RUSH I made my giant double chocolate chip cookies
with
peanut butter and raisins today. As any good baker does I made a bakers
dozen at least 3 times and an extra batch just to "taste".

See what I did today. I based the recipe from one of my favorite lady on
Food Network

3 eggs
1 egg white
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 little dash of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins,2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment
paper
or nonstick baking mats.
In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add
the
salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate
candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal.
Drop
by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Let stand for about 3 minutes
before transferring to wire racks to cool. When cool, store in large
resealable plastic bags away from your hungry eyes for they are
delicious.- Hide quoted text -

Who said you don't learn plenty new, plenty of times...?
Sheelagh "o"

I take it the recipe sounds delicious trust me it is I am going to have to
spend an extra couple hours on the tread mill tonight

I know to much and there is not enough time in the day to work off my
creations ;-)

If you got a request ask- Hide quoted text -

Actually, I have. 2 question:
1: did you mean 3 *whole* eggs, or just 3 yolks because you didn't
specify?
2: Thanks for that one, it was excellent- now, have you got a Brownie
type mixture

Sorry to be so OT: everyone, but this is my only question & it
applies to anyone who knows how to make them like Betty Crocker did/
does it. They have to be just cooked with that unique soft mixture in
the centre PLEASE? )

A recipe for CHOCOLATE BROWNIES Please?

&, Is there such a thing as WHITE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE WHITEY'S for
want of a better description.

I tried out your recipe last night. I Left 2 batches to cool down on
the window ledge, & upon my return, the *whole Lot*, had
gone.......All that was left were a few crumbs in the middle of the
plate. ( Lets just say that the cats are not in the frame for this
crime; no!! This crime was committed by hoomins, I'm certain of it )

Treadmill...?
BIG SIGH,

If I *Must*! It's worth the gratification

PS: I'm trying the peanut butter & sultana version this evening. I had
to get some peanut butter from the shop, so that I could make them...

Actually, to bring this post a bit into more into line. Is it true
that chocolate is poisonous to cats? This argument has been raging for
weeks here. The reason behind the argument is because Lilly Chocolate
drop is absolutely addicted to chocolate, & can smell it from long
distances away too!!

I'm sure that I read somewhere that it is not good for cats because
they can't break it down. In answer to this, the kids sneak her bits
of chocolate, & this worries me. I know because I have found her still
nibbling @ white chocolate drops that they have given her. If it is
BAD for her, I need to instill the danger upon the kids, of their
actions. Dad has Diabetes, so if i am right, how would I explain the
toxicity to the kids ( Please?). I'm sure if they knew the harm that
it could do to her, they would stop doing it instantly,
Thanks Cheryl, Matthew, & anyone who might be able to answer one, or
both questions?
TIA,
Sheelagh "o"

Old September 11th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message

Stick them in the cat carrier which is huge it takes up my whole seat in
my truck. It is designed for large dogs. I put a cat litter box with a
plastic bag over it and take one of them outside in it. I get a sample
real quick. They always urinate when the get put in the carrier. Easy
job just got to make sure I collect it before they go into my truck. It
is not been christen yet and I plan on keep it that way.

If that does not work they get an over night visit with the vet who has
a cage that has a pull out pan in the bottom where it makes it easy to
collect. By the time I pick them up the next day all the test are run and
anything that needed to be done is done.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I know the mechanics you use to get a
urine sample, but (with humans, anyway - and forgive the TMI) in order to
get a diagnosis of a urinary tract infection (which they test for by looking
for bacteria in the urine sample), the sample can't be contaminated by any
bacteria from outside the urethra, or you'll get a "false positive". In
collecting a "sterile sample", a woman is sent into the lavatory with a cup
and a couple of sterilizing pads. You have to make sure that you sterilize
around the opening to the urethra with the sterilizing pads. Then you have
to start urinating and *then* pass the cup into the "stream" at "mid-stream"
(so any bacteria just inside of the urethra is washed away first). Then you
have to immediately seal the cup, and they have to test it right away.
Doing all that makes sure that no "outside" bacteria contaminates the
sample - then if they find bacteria they *know* it's from the urethra and
can give a definite diagnosis of UTI.

What I'm saying is that, with a catheter, the vet can get a "sterile
sample", but if the urine touches the skin in the area of the urethra (or
any other surface besides the inside of a sterile cup) then bacteria can
show up in the sample that's not necessarily present inside the urethra -
thus giving a false positive. So, for some other diagnoses, the process you
use for getting a urine sample from a cat will work just fine, but to
diagnose a UTI, I think the vet would have to get the sample.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 12th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Sep 10, 10:57?am, "Dave" wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am hoping that you kind newsgroup members can help me establish why my cat
is urinaiting like she is. She is about 2.5 years old, is very much a
domestic cat and there is always a clean litter tray doen for her to use. I
have 2 cats, they wer sisters and have lived together all their lives. I
have had them about 2 years now.

The problem is, she likes to urinate in the house, standing and spraying
against furniture, walls, plastic bags, the fridge, DVD cases.. really
doesn't seem bothered at all! I have recently replaced a stinky carpet in my
living room for wood floor and she has, just this afternoon, urinated on the
side of a clean, dry cardboard box which has run onto my nice new floor. It
is really frustrating me!

I do occasionally see her using the litter tray but I rarely see her trying
to cover anything up, although I do ocaasionally see or hear her scratching
against the floor and then I know what she has just done!

They can go outside and I leave my door open most of the day to allow that,
but today, the door was left open and she chose to urinate inside on the
cardboard box.

Please help, I don't know what to do. She is such a loving, soft hearted
creature, really beautiful natured but has this horrible habit. I don't know
where to start. I use catsan litter. The other cat uses the tray or goes
outside, no problem at all. I have had many cats over the years and have
never seen this in a cat before.

I would massively appreciate any advice you could give me.

Many thanks for your time,
David

The problem with you cat, Dave, is that she's 25 years old. What do
you expect...?

IBen

Old September 12th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default YES VERY DANGEROUS FOR DOGS AND CATS AND RECIPES

On 11 Sep, 18:47, "Matthew" wrote:
"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

ps.com...

On 10 Sep, 22:49, "Matthew" wrote:
"Sheelagh o" wrote in message

oups.com...

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

3 whole eggs than one egg white

2: Thanks for that one, it was excellent- now, have you got a Brownie
type mixture

yes it will at the bottom of the reply I will give you a couple types

Sorry to be so OT: everyone, but this is my only question & it
applies to anyone who knows how to make them like Betty Crocker did/
does it. They have to be just cooked with that unique soft mixture in
the centre PLEASE? )

A recipe for CHOCOLATE BROWNIES Please?

&, Is there such a thing as WHITE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE WHITEY'S for
want of a better description.

whitey's I think are like our M&M's

I tried out your recipe last night. I Left 2 batches to cool down on
the window ledge, & upon my return, the *whole Lot*, had
gone.......All that was left were a few crumbs in the middle of the
plate. ( Lets just say that the cats are not in the frame for this
crime; no!! This crime was committed by hoomins, I'm certain of it )

Treadmill...?
BIG SIGH,

If I *Must*! It's worth the gratification

PS: I'm trying the peanut butter & sultana version this evening. I had
to get some peanut butter from the shop, so that I could make them...

Sultana is that a type of grape.

Actually, to bring this post a bit into more into line. Is it true
that chocolate is poisonous to cats? This argument has been raging for
weeks here. The reason behind the argument is because Lilly Chocolate
drop is absolutely addicted to chocolate, & can smell it from long
distances away too!!

YES VERY DANGEROUS FOR DOGS AND CATS

. Chocolate, Coffee, Caffeine
These products all contain substances called methylxanthines, which are
found in cacao seeds, the fruit of the plant used to make coffee and in the
nuts of an extract used in some sodas. When ingested by pets,
methylxanthines can cause vomiting and diarrhea, panting, excessive thirst
and urination, hyperactivity, abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures and
even death. Note that darker chocolate is more dangerous than milk
chocolate. White chocolate has the lowest level of methylxanthines, while
baking chocolate contains the highest

http://www.aspca.org/aspcablog/labels/Halloween.html

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer...plefoodtoavoid

I'm sure that I read somewhere that it is not good for cats because
they can't break it down. In answer to this, the kids sneak her bits
of chocolate, & this worries me. I know because I have found her still
nibbling @ white chocolate drops that they have given her. If it is
BAD for her, I need to instill the danger upon the kids, of their
actions. Dad has Diabetes, so if i am right, how would I explain the
toxicity to the kids ( Please?). I'm sure if they knew the harm that
it could do to her, they would stop doing it instantly,
Thanks Cheryl, Matthew, & anyone who might be able to answer one, or
both questions?
TIA,
Sheelagh "o"

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Layer Brownies

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
3 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
fine, or 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour a 9-inch square
baking pan, knocking out excess flour. In a double boiler or metal bowl set
over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate, stirring, until
smooth and remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat. Cool chocolate to
room temperature.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until
light and fluffy and beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each
addition, and vanilla. Into a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder,
and salt and beat into butter mixture just until blended well. Divide batter
between 2 bowls. Whisk peanut butter into batter in 1 bowl. Whisk melted
chocolate into batter in other bowl and stir in chopped chocolate or
chocolate chips.

Spread peanut-butter batter evenly in pan. Drop chocolate batter by
large spoonfuls onto peanut-butter batter and spread carefully to form an
even layer. Bake brownies in middle of oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until a
tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it. Cool brownies completely in pan
on a rack before cutting into 16 squares. Brownies keep, layered between
sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container at cool room temperature, 5
days.

Here is one you can make your dad who is diabetic it is low carb. I got
it off line

Low Carb Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies

1 1/2 tablespoons wheat bran, or oat bran
1 1/4 cups plus 1/2 tablespoon soy flour
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 large eggs
1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Low Carb Chocolate Frosting, recipe follows
Special Equipment: 8-inch square baking pan

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spray pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside. Mix wheat
bran and 1/2 tablespoon soy flour together and sprinkle evenly over the
inside of the greased pan, also coating the sides.

Place the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a steel bowl and melt over a
saucepan of simmering water. Whisk in 1 cup sugar substitute and 1/4 cup
heavy cream. Once thoroughly blended, turn off heat and keep warm until
needed.

With an electric mixer on high, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar substitute and
the vanilla extract just until blended. Reduce to low speed and then blend
in the chocolate mixture.

With a wooden spoon, mix in the baking powder, 1 1/4 cups soy flour,
walnuts, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Spread evenly into the prepared pan and
bake on the center rack for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted
in the center comes out clean. (Do not over-bake or brownies will be dry and
hard.) Cool completely before frosting with low carb chocolate frosting. Cut
into 5 rows by 5 rows to make 25 pieces.

Low Carb Chocolate Frosting:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
Few drops hot water, as needed, to thin consistency

Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Use to
frost brownies, but make sure brownies are completely cooled, or the butter
in the frosting will melt.

Nutrition Information
Nutritional Analysis per serving Calories 152
Fat 14 grams Saturated Fat 7 grams
Carbohydrates 6 grams Fiber 2 grams
Net Carbohydrates 4 grams

Thank you very much Matthew, for both the recipes & also the advice
regarding Cats chocolate too. It looks like both Lilly's & my thighs
are in for a good work- out. Mine because I have a sweet tooth, & hers
because her legs are short, *fast* & hairy, LoL )
Looks like there is no more chocolate for Lilly. mind you, I'm sure
that I have seen cats chocolate drops before in a pet shop- I just
can't remember which one! I would imagine the best place to find them
is in Christmas stockings for pets?

Sheelagh "o"