cat food/swollen lymph nodes

Old January 10th 09, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kat

Default cat food/swollen lymph nodes

"kat" wrote in message
net...

wrote in message
On Jan 6, 8:05 pm, "kat" wrote:
Hi All,

I have two subjects I have questions on. First, they have discontinued

the
cat food brand I was using and I need to find a new type. I was

wondering
what members feed their cats and if they are satisfied.

Secondly, my daughter's cat recently recovered from fatty liver syndrome
but now has swollen lymph nodes. The last week are so he seemed to be
trying to cough up a furball but yesterday he had trouble breathing so

she
took him to the vet today. The vet gave him a steriod shot and a shot of
antibiotics and took some samples. She said swollen neck lymph nodes
usually mean lymphoma in dogs but it is more variable in cats. I was
wondering if anyone has had any experience with something similiar. Any
help/info would be appreciated! Thanks

Kathy

Update on him: They still haven't found a cause - they are waiting on the
results of the bloodwork. The lymph node aspiration came back clear. The
fluid in the lungs appears to be lessening (based on listening to his
lungs). They haven't done a second x-ray of the chest yet. He isn't eating
as well as they would like but he is drinking and urinating. My daughter
visited him last night and got a chance to hold him and pet him but couldn't
entice him to eat although she said he did lick his lips whenever she
brought the food near his mouth.

Kathy

Cat: Swollen lymph nodes Ron Hoaste Cat health & behaviour 3 November 24th 05 11:52 AM
Swollen lymph nodes in URI cat [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 June 12th 05 08:00 AM
Swollen lymph glands? Ruffiane Cat health & behaviour 2 December 28th 04 06:02 AM
Swollen Paw Allegra640 Cat anecdotes 27 November 14th 03 05:36 AM
swollen ear mbjj Cat health & behaviour 6 July 31st 03 07:49 AM