Five Kittens with only 8 Lives Left

Old July 31st 05, 02:42 AM
Snittens

Default Five Kittens with only 8 Lives Left

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
I bet there's one upset momma cat out there.

_____________________________

5 Kittens Accidentally Shipped to Vermont

VERGENNES, Vt. - A worker in the returns department at Country Home
Products got a return and a surprise when he opened a brush trimmer
sent back from South Carolina. Inside the box was the trimmer - and
five kittens.

snip

Awww... poor kittens, and poor momma cat out there looking for them
Just goes to show you should always check boxes before sealing them. There
was a story a while back about a cat getting stuck in a dresser during a
move. I'm glad the kittens are doing fine and they found a surrogate mother
for them.

-Kelly

Old July 31st 05, 04:18 AM
Karen

in article , Brandy**Alexandre at
wrote on 7/30/05 8:16 PM:

I bet there's one upset momma cat out there.

_____________________________

5 Kittens Accidentally Shipped to Vermont

VERGENNES, Vt. - A worker in the returns department at Country Home
Products got a return and a surprise when he opened a brush trimmer
sent back from South Carolina. Inside the box was the trimmer - and
five kittens.

The kittens survived the bumpy and hot two-day trip to Vermont and are
doing fine.

The South Carolina customers returned the trimmer, a gas-powered
contraption on wheels that cuts grass, weeds and brush, because they
wanted a field and brush mower instead, said Deb Peters, who works in
the Country Home Products returns department. The box had been stored
in a barn a mile from the South Carolinians' home, and they apparently
sealed the box without looking inside, Peters said.

FedEx shipped the box containing the trimmer and the kittens from South
Carolina, and it arrived in Vergennes about noon Wednesday.

"My co-worker Alan Bean opened the box. Something moved. He jumped; and
he looked in again and there was five kittens," Peters said. "Three
black ones, a gray one and one that looked like a Siamese."

Country Home employees dashed to the nearby Vergennes Animal Hospital
and returned with bottles of kitten formula, which the kittens
devoured.

The 3-week-old kittens were taken to Addison County Humane Society in
Middlebury, where they met Hazel, a black domestic cat whose kittens
had just been weaned. Hazel is a now a surrogate mother to the kittens,
providing a steady diet until they can eat solid food, said Jill
Tucker, executive director of the Humane Society.

I saw this on the news this morning. THey are adorable. I can't believe they
survived.

Old July 31st 05, 05:00 AM
CatNipped

wrote on 7/30/05 8:16 PM:

[...]

I just saw a picture of one he
http://www.wtvynews4.com/news/headlines/1751277.html

Do you have a link to the picture of all 5?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 31st 05, 05:34 AM
Karen

in article , CatNipped at

wrote on 7/30/05 8:16 PM:

[...]

I couldn't find one, but I found this story!

http://www.globegazette.com/articles...c42ea7c68d3b64
698965290.txt

Ohhhh. Poor little kitten. I hope whoever took it gets it help. It's
adorable. I guess it was wanted but...yeesh!!

Old July 31st 05, 05:44 AM
Karen

If you hurry, it's the free video on cnn.com by offbeat news. Oh they are
soooooooo adorable!

Old July 31st 05, 08:03 AM
Snittens

"Karen" wrote
I couldn't find one, but I found this story!

http://www.globegazette.com/articles...c42ea7c68d3b64
698965290.txt

Ohhhh. Poor little kitten. I hope whoever took it gets it help. It's
adorable. I guess it was wanted but...yeesh!!

Poor thing!! I hope someone has the common sense to return Pinky to the
shelter or at least take her to the vet.
This happened at our shelter too, although we are pretty sure it was a
disgruntled volunteer who did it. One of the kittens in the kitten room
went missing, and at first we thought she got out of the room somehow and
tore the place apart. Then it was clear she was just gone. It was on a day
we were not open to the public, and no one let any strangers in. The
volunteer had quit but not turned in her key. Luckily, she seemed to really
care about the animals but didn't like being told to follow procedure at the
shelter. So we can only hope this kitten is OK. It made me sick to think
about that kitten being missing.

-Kelly

Old July 31st 05, 09:50 AM
Hailey

Brandy Alexandre wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the story I am so glad the kitties survived and a new
Momma is taking care of them!
Poor Momma left behind and it makes you feel badly for the people who
obviously did not mean to seal the babies up and send them off like that!

Old August 3rd 05, 04:41 AM
Brad

On 31 Jul 2005 14:09:30 GMT, "Brandy**Alexandre"
wrote:

Hailey wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Thank you for the story I am so glad the kitties survived and a
new Momma is taking care of them!
Poor Momma left behind and it makes you feel badly for the people
who obviously did not mean to seal the babies up and send them
off like that!

It's just so surprising that they ALL survived. You'd think one of the
five, or four of the five. They're so fragile at that age. But ALL of
them survived. Maybe a couple of them have only one or two lives left
instead of eight.

Maybe I am cynical but I wonder if it was a mistake, one or even two I
could find it easier to believe, I know how they can become invisible
at times and sneak through an open door or the like without being seen
but five kittens I hope I"m wrong but I would think that the shipper
of the product would have figured out that the cats had to have been
in the box when they couldn't find her.

Ms Brandy are you talking about paying for the actual feed of usenet
or a reader?

Brad

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting......." HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"
Old August 3rd 05, 05:14 AM
Brad

On 31 Jul 2005 05:13:18 GMT, "Brandy**Alexandre"
wrote:

Karen wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

If you hurry, it's the free video on cnn.com by offbeat news. Oh
they are soooooooo adorable!

Awwwwww!!! They're so cute! Funny that the reporter said the same
thing I did. "Eight lives left."

Maybe you missed your calling Ms Brandy.......

With the state of legal insanity in the USA these days you should be
able to find something to sue the network about?? Maybe they will just
look at your suit as one of those nuisance cases and just dangle
$10,000 at you to make you go away.......don't laugh I have seen
lawsuits more wacky than yours would be :-)

Old August 3rd 05, 05:57 AM
Karen

in article , Brad at

wrote:

[...]

I think it was just out in an outbuilding or barn. The people didn't have a
cat. They figure a stray got in and had them. The people just closed up the
box and shipped it.