Pics of Laku on the balcony

Old April 25th 04, 06:31 PM
CK

Default Pics of Laku on the balcony

Don't know if anyone remembers me talking about how I worry about Laku
jumping up on the balcony banister. Well now that all snow is away and
the sun is back I managed to snap a couple of pics of him sitting on the
banister, head wooshing this way and that way, looking at the birdies
flying by. It is three floors down and as you can see the banister is
about as wide as he is, ample space he thinks, but I still worry...

http://tinyurl.com/33dzx

On this second pic you can just see the corner of an old wooden box,
from the top of which he jumps up onto the banister. He sometimes also
sits on the box and peers out through the opening in the banister.

http://tinyurl.com/2atxs

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could
only do a little"
- Edmund Burke, philosopher
Old April 25th 04, 07:06 PM
Marina

"CK" wrote in message
Don't know if anyone remembers me talking about how I worry about Laku
jumping up on the balcony banister. Well now that all snow is away and
the sun is back I managed to snap a couple of pics of him sitting on the
banister, head wooshing this way and that way, looking at the birdies
flying by. It is three floors down and as you can see the banister is
about as wide as he is, ample space he thinks, but I still worry...

I'd worry, too! Maybe you should get one of these?
http://www.kolumbus.fi/levatop/tuotteemme.htm

They make them to order for balconies, too. I planned to get one of those
when I moved here, but then realised I can keep the glass panes only cracked
open, so a cat can't squeeze through. Or maybe you and Janne could put
something together? Laku may see a birdie, forget how high up he is and
lunge for it. I don't think I could watch him sitting there. Makes my head
spin just thinking about it.. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 25th 04, 07:24 PM
CK

Marina wrote:

I'd worry, too! Maybe you should get one of these?
http://www.kolumbus.fi/levatop/tuotteemme.htm

They make them to order for balconies, too. I planned to get one of those
when I moved here, but then realised I can keep the glass panes only cracked
open, so a cat can't squeeze through. Or maybe you and Janne could put
something together? Laku may see a birdie, forget how high up he is and
lunge for it. I don't think I could watch him sitting there. Makes my head
spin just thinking about it.. ;o)

Can't put any permanent installations as we rent the apartment, but I
may have to think of something...some kind of net maybe, dunno...

Old April 25th 04, 07:29 PM
jmcquown

www.drsfostersmith.com

Buy a 'kitty walk'. It's a mesh enclosure, 6 feet long and you can attach
other enclosures to it if you want it to be longer.

I take Persia out on my patio in one; she loves it! I added a hammock and a
cover to one end.

Jill

Old April 25th 04, 07:48 PM
CK

jmcquown wrote:
www.drsfostersmith.com

Buy a 'kitty walk'. It's a mesh enclosure, 6 feet long and you can attach
other enclosures to it if you want it to be longer.

I take Persia out on my patio in one; she loves it! I added a hammock and a
cover to one end.

Jill

Thanks for the suggestion, but they don't take international orders. And
I'm not sure if I could rig that up on the balcony either. I was
thinking of a wire net in front of the balcony, still allowing Laku to
sit on the banister, but keeping him from falling down if he should miss
his footing (or is that pawing??). The net could probably be fastened
with a couple of loop screws at both ends.

And I know Laku wouldn't try to climb it as he doesn't like surfaces
that aren't solid. He doesn't even climb up on the kitty tree which is
the same as Marina has, as the perch in the middle isn't made of a solid
piece of plywood (or whatever) but has a hole in the middle where the
covering fabric makes it into a kind of hammock.

Old April 25th 04, 07:48 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:31:00 +0300, CK wrote:

Don't know if anyone remembers me talking about how I worry about Laku
jumping up on the balcony banister. Well now that all snow is away and
the sun is back I managed to snap a couple of pics of him sitting on the
banister, head wooshing this way and that way, looking at the birdies
flying by. It is three floors down and as you can see the banister is
about as wide as he is, ample space he thinks, but I still worry...

http://tinyurl.com/33dzx

On this second pic you can just see the corner of an old wooden box,
from the top of which he jumps up onto the banister. He sometimes also
sits on the box and peers out through the opening in the banister.

http://tinyurl.com/2atxs

Not to worry you, but ocassionally they DO fall. I used to have a
neighbor who lived above me on the second fall, and her cat fell off
the balcony. At the time we had a friendly cat who called several
apartments home. When he decided to visit someone who lived upstairs
he'd jump from the railing along in front of the door over to the
balcony. So, the neighbor's cat could have been trying to follow his
route.

And, of course, Bev just posted about Bonnie misstepping and falling
off the roof.

Anyway, purrs that Laki is careful.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

New kitten pics Marina Cat anecdotes 58 November 19th 04 06:29 AM
New Pics! LOL Cat anecdotes 6 April 25th 04 09:29 PM
Kitten pics! Marina Cat anecdotes 18 February 22nd 04 10:52 PM
Silly pics Marina Cat anecdotes 14 January 4th 04 07:50 PM