Bi-polar cat? (declawed)

Old August 24th 05, 06:22 PM

Jennifer wrote:
wrote:
Sorry to be ignorant, but what are Soft Paws?

http://www.softpaws.com

Thanks, does the cat know that it's wearing them? they look strange,
kind of like the gloves my mum used to make me wear in bed to stop
biting my nails when I was a kid. Doesn't it hurt when you take them
off again if they're glued on, also what happens to the cats claws when
they're covered? Don't they (out)grow the covers?

Old August 24th 05, 06:54 PM
JQ

Hi, at first the cat doesn't like them and walks funny. They definately
know they're there and when he cleans he tries to bite them off. You
don't take them off, eventually they fall off when the nail grows, they
shed nails like when a snake sheds skin. The nails don't grow through
the soft paws, the covers stay on the nail tips as the nail grows
longer until the nail sheds. A cat's nail shed about every 4 weeks
hence the reason they last 4 weeks.
JQ

Old August 24th 05, 06:57 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:22:50 -0700, mlabofski wrote:

Jennifer wrote:
wrote:
Sorry to be ignorant, but what are Soft Paws?

http://www.softpaws.com

Thanks, does the cat know that it's wearing them? they look strange, kind
of like the gloves my mum used to make me wear in bed to stop biting my
nails when I was a kid. Doesn't it hurt when you take them off again if
they're glued on, also what happens to the cats claws when they're
covered? Don't they (out)grow the covers?

Yes, they grow out and come off when the scratching post is used. They
last my cat up to 3 months before they are all gone. TED applies them for
me and my puss has to be sedated. I am not sure, at this point, if I will
continue to use them. They do help prevent her scratching me -- she is
quick to grab at things. MLB
Old August 25th 05, 01:05 AM

Jennifer wrote:
wrote:
Sorry to be ignorant, but what are Soft Paws?

http://www.softpaws.com

Thanks, does the cat know that it's wearing them? they look strange, kind
of like the gloves my mum used to make me wear in bed to stop biting my
nails when I was a kid. Doesn't it hurt when you take them off again if
they're glued on, also what happens to the cats claws when they're
covered? Don't they (out)grow the covers?

Yes, they grow out and come off when the scratching post is used. They
last my cat up to 3 months before they are all gone. TED applies them for
me and my puss has to be sedated. I am not sure, at this point, if I will
continue to use them. They do help prevent her scratching me -- she is
quick to grab at things. MLB

They sound like human nail extensions! Seriously though, I wouldn't
get Otis sedated every 4 weeks, he's far too old for that sort of
trauma. When I got my new sofas, we kept the old one in the dining
room with a throw over it, and thankfully he's still using it and not
the new ones (so far anyway), he uses his scratch post too, only goes
for the sofa when I'm not in the room as he knows it's verboten!
Crafty monkey.