Worst Spring EVER!!!

Old June 12th 09, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Default Worst Spring EVER!!!

MLB wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining
until Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick
of one grey day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks
like anymore, and the dogs around here are starting to smell
mildew-y. I am going nuts. PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY
DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had lots of rain too. However, here it is welcome after so many
years of draught. Now our reservoirs are filled after quite a long time
of worrying about using too much water. I really feel for the people
who suffer from flooding as well as those who have too little. Anyway,
the roses seem, to appreciate the coolness and extra water. Best
wishes. MLB

We are still having rain move in two to four times a day. Now we are
having flooding in the south end of the valley and are being warned
about West Nile Virus from mosquitoes. The storms are expected to
continue for another week. I am still trying to be "positive" about it.
When the weather changes, it will probably get HOT. TuTu still is
not asking to go out -- she doesn't like rain. MLB
Old June 14th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one
grey day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like
anymore, and the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am
going nuts. PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

You can have some of Ohio's, although our dry, sunny days have been
coolish (70s). We need more rain!

Ginger-lyn
looking sadly at her pathetic garden
Old June 15th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one grey
day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like anymore, and
the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am going nuts.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont you emigrate to the Netherlands!!
We have had several nice springs in a row....
Old June 15th 09, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

hopitus wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:49 am, MLB wrote:
MLB wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

If you are where I *think* you are....beautiful valley of SLC where I
have been
and remember the sight of it all apread out before you as you rocket
out of
I-80 and all those awful hairpin turns ( I did have interest in Donner
Pass) to
the SLC nestled in among the mountains smaller than these big suckers
here
which thankfully are not so near us. Water levels here have nourished
the water
reservoirs which is where *we* get our water supplies. A good thing
considering
how dry the usual state is here. Don't worry too much about pig flu
and the
mosquito population increasing. Same happened here and no big epidemic
went
on.....that tick fever is a bigger threat from *our* mosquitos....no
one here gets that
much either if they stay in the cities. I got to get over these
Rockies and come visit
some friends in SLC I haven't seen for a long time now. I saw all the
local tourist
attractions when I was last there and enjoyed them all, except the
Temple, which
I would not invade as an intruder anyway. At least I got to see Moroni
on the top
If I lived where you do, I would not be concerned. Your people take
care of their own.

FYI Yesterday (Saturday) we had a major storm -- a real gully washer
with lightning and thunder. The Angel Moroni on one of their temples
got hit by lightning. It turned the head, one arm and the trumpet
black. My roses were knocked to pieces. MLB
Old June 15th 09, 11:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

We have had so much rain that my roses are gone for the year. The hail
fixed a lot of things for the summer. We now have had 3 days without rain/
Sprinkled but nothing major. Had to get a de humidifier, house just smelled
musty no matter what I did. I am putting white vinegar in the water I get
and putting it in jugs in the garage, I just know this will stop and burn
things up, what is left anyway.
"MLB" wrote in message

Old June 15th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Sjouke Burry wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining
until Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so
sick of one grey day after another. I don't remember what the sun
looks like anymore, and the dogs around here are starting to smell
mildew-y. I am going nuts. PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY
DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont you emigrate to the Netherlands!!
We have had several nice springs in a row....

I hadn't realised you were in the Netherlands, for some reason I assumed you
were in the USA.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 15th 09, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

"MLB" wrote in message
hopitus wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:49 am, MLB wrote:
MLB wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

What is the purpose of the white vinegar?. I used yo put in 3 0r 4 drops of Clorox

in stored water. Best wishes. MLB
Old June 17th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My plants didn't usually like the Clorox, white vinegar does the same thing.
We had the three dyes without rain and it is riming aging. I joked about
buying a pump for removing water from the flower pots. It is 90 today and
with all the water around is really nasty.
"MLB" wrote in message

Old June 20th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

hopitus wrote:
On Jun 14, 11:13 pm, MLB wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:49 am, MLB wrote:
MLB wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

I've been busy in RL replacing water heater and accompanying messes.
Sorry about your roses! One of the few flowers that live both here
and
in south FL, sub-tropics. I will google "gully" when I have time,
being
ignorant of what that means.
As for Moroni toop the buldings....lightning heads for the highest
point
in the area...I assume that's well known, LOL. Rained lots here too
but
getting dry again now. I enjoyed the storms while they lasted. Closed
my eyes waiting for the thunder crack and imagined I was back in FL.
Rain in such prpportions rare here. Plant more roses. Betty days ahead.

It is raining again today with some thunder bumpers as well. FYI a
gully is an erosion caused by heavy rain in the side of a hill. In the
summer they can be referred to as dry creek beds. There are lots of
gullys in our ,mountains. When it rains hard and long, we call them
gullywashers.

We have been promised that summer will arrive next week. I, personally
prefer cooler weather. TuTu is sleeping this storm off. Best wishes.
MLB
Old June 20th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

hopitus wrote:
On Jun 14, 11:13 pm, MLB wrote:
hopitus wrote:
On Jun 12, 11:49 am, MLB wrote:
MLB wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Steel yourselves - it's the worst news Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 95 May 9th 09 05:58 PM
Can and Will Help Even the Worst Cases. Relief Now Cat health & behaviour 0 January 6th 08 02:47 AM
Worst dream ever! Pat Cat anecdotes 7 February 13th 07 10:59 PM
Worst cat names ever (and why) Debra Cat anecdotes 26 July 21st 05 07:35 PM
Best canned food vs. worst LemonPops via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 96 April 29th 05 09:17 PM