Another Hartz poisining

Old August 21st 03, 04:49 PM
Karen Chuplis

Default Another Hartz poisining

There is a class action suit (or was) out there. Check into it. Do not
except "compensation" from the company. That is how this has gone on so
long. They offer to pay your vet bills. This is at the bottom of the
Vetcentric page:

If you think your cat has suffered a reaction to a Hartz Advanced Care flea
and tick product and you'd like information on the possible class-action
lawsuit, contact attorney Anthony Vozzolo at Faruqi & Faruqi.
http://www.faruqilaw.com/

From this site:
http://www.vetcentric.com/magazine/m...ArticleID=1725

Sure hope your little guy pulls through

Karen

"Jason" wrote in message
om...
I received a kitten from a friend and noticed it had a really bad flea
infestation. Wanting to do something about this I went to my local
Wal-mart and saw the Hartz Flea and Tick drops for cats and kittens
under 10#. Hartz I thought was a long standing name brand and thus was
in my mind probably my safest bet for flea relief for my kitty. I
applied it as directed to on the box and then retired for the evening.
When I awoke my kitten was in full body spasms and could'nt ambulate
at all. His eyes were also fully dilated and twitching, I immediately
called the vet who advised me to wash the cat with mild soap and lots
of water and bring it in. When I brought my kitten in to the vet he
said to my horror that they have had many many cats in for exactly the
same reaction to the hartz drops. I asked how can they market
something that is known to kill or injure so many animals on a regular
basis and all he could tell me is "I don't know, someone ought to sue
them into waking up and taking this product off the shelves." I am
lucky and it looks like my kitten may pull thru this but my heart goes
out to all those whose pets were not so fortunate. If anyone has any
current information on a class action lawsuit against Hartz I would
appreciate it, these people will only change if you make them feel it
where it hurts.... their pocketbook. .

Old August 21st 03, 06:05 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I did a search on Google and came up with this:

http://tinyurl.com/kqry

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old August 21st 03, 06:54 PM
NEMESIS1IM

Check out http://www.geocities.com/againsthartz/
Regards,

http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/feralfelines/
Old August 21st 03, 06:54 PM
NEMESIS1IM

Old August 21st 03, 06:54 PM
NEMESIS1IM

The class action has been settled out of court. Check out

Old August 21st 03, 07:10 PM
Cat Protector

Yeah but I can see a new waive of lawsuits coming out of this. I doubt the
original plaintiff in this case can speak for the rest of those who are
having problems with Hartz products. Luckily for my cats, I don't use Hartz
products. I think people also need to target the stores that sell their
products too. I do believe Walmart is one of them.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com