OT - German newsserver

Old January 7th 04, 02:07 AM
badwilson

Default OT - German newsserver

Could someone tell me the name to that free German newsserver that a lot of
you use? I'm still having problems with newscene (grrrr, they were perfect
for 3 years, why now???) and willing to try another server. Thank you for
your help.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old January 7th 04, 02:34 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On 6 Jan 2004 20:07:05 -0600, "badwilson" wrote:

Could someone tell me the name to that free German newsserver that a lot of
you use? I'm still having problems with newscene (grrrr, they were perfect
for 3 years, why now???) and willing to try another server. Thank you for
your help.

Go to the website http://news.individual.de

You'll have to register, but it's free. They'll send you a password to
use. The site also has info on how to configure your software to use
them.

Note that this is the same free German news server that a lot of
people have used over the years, but they've changed their domain
within the last year and want people to use this new one (though the
old one still works, the last time I checked anyway)

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com
Old January 7th 04, 03:33 AM
badwilson

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you so much for the info, it's exactly what I was looking for. I've
applied for the password, etc, so now just have to wait. I hope it works
better than newscene has been working for me lately!

Old January 7th 04, 04:37 AM
Marina

"badwilson" wrote

Thank you so much for the info, it's exactly what I was looking for. I've
applied for the password, etc, so now just have to wait. I hope it works
better than newscene has been working for me lately!

It's been working fine for me, except for a few times that I haven't been
able to connect to the server, but that usually only lasts a couple of
minutes.

Re cats, Britta, I had the funniest dream tonight. I dreamt that a Vino
lookalike came to visit us. I thought in the dream, "but it can't be Vino.
Vino's in Thailand. I have to get a picture of this cat to show Britta." But
the cat wouldn't sit still for me. The strange thing was that Frank and
Nikki were interested but not aggressive, and I was thinking, if he doesn't
belong to anyone I could keep him, and then I would have my very own orange
tabby. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 7th 04, 06:10 PM
Adrian

http://news.individual.net/

Old January 8th 04, 02:34 PM
badwilson

"Marina" wrote in message

"badwilson" wrote

[...]

Wow, that is a funny dream, Marina! Do you think that maybe Vino ghosted
over during the night? I mean he got onto that pirate ship didn't he?
Anything's possible...