Frequency of BM's

Old July 8th 04, 10:41 PM
Karen

Default Frequency of BM's

OK, this really has me wondering. From the other thread, Dally's vet says 4
BMs a day is normal. Now, I'm pretty positive my cats AT MOST *MIGHT* have
two a day and very ocassionally a day is skipped. I was reading a page on
megacolon just now and they suggest "adjusting dosage of laxative so cat has
bowel movement at least every other day", so this also leads me to think
it's normal to have maybe one BM a day for a cat. What do others find is
normal for their cats?

Old July 8th 04, 10:57 PM
Mary

"Karen" wrote in message
What do others find is
normal for their cats?

Cheeky, free-fed dry but never finishing even a cup a day, plus 1.5
three-ounce cans of Fancy Feast (not my fault she LOVES it and I can't bear
to take it away--yet!) does two every day and on occasion three. I don't
clean Buddha's box often enough to know--my husband takes care of hers.

As I said above--Gnarly did maybe one bm a day on dry Science Diet
Maintenance.

Old July 8th 04, 11:44 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Karen" wrote in message
OK, this really has me wondering. From the other thread, Dally's vet says

4
BMs a day is normal. Now, I'm pretty positive my cats AT MOST *MIGHT* have
two a day and very ocassionally a day is skipped. I was reading a page on
megacolon just now and they suggest "adjusting dosage of laxative so cat

has
bowel movement at least every other day", so this also leads me to think
it's normal to have maybe one BM a day for a cat. What do others find is
normal for their cats?

One/day per cat.

Cathy

Old July 8th 04, 11:57 PM
blkcatgal

My one cat has one per day. Almost like clock-work, same time every day.
My other cat goes at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. I also think
that 4 times a day is a bit excessive and is not the norm. I'll wait to see
what others say.

Sue

Old July 9th 04, 12:46 AM

"Karen" wrote:

so this also leads me to think
it's normal to have maybe one BM a day for a cat. What do others find is
normal for their cats?

My 2 guys average about 1 a day. They eat Hills Prescription ID wet
with a little ID dry for snacks.

When they had regular Hills SD canned my one cat had much bigger
stools but still went once a day generally.

-mhd