junk food junkie

Old April 8th 05, 05:13 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Justin L wrote:
okay, what are Peeps?

Justin - never heard of those...

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

-L.

lol

Old April 8th 05, 05:17 PM
Mary

"Karen" wrote in message
I had no idea they had Peeps for other holidays. Yeeeech. Makes my mouth
shrival just thinking about it.

I had no idea mailorder diplomas could be had online.

We learn something new every day.

It's a wonderful world.

Old April 8th 05, 05:19 PM
-L.

Karen wrote:
I had no idea they had Peeps for other holidays. Yeeeech. Makes my

mouth
shrival just thinking about it.

Then here's a link you will *really* like...

http://www.peepresearch.org/

-L.

Old April 8th 05, 07:13 PM
KellyH

"kaeli" wrote
They are for most people.
I like them, though.

But we all know I'm a little odd. LOL

I think they are cute. I just like to look at them, not eat them. I feel
bad if I eat them

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old April 8th 05, 08:26 PM
Mary

"kaeli" wrote in message
In article 1112975203.468b390de813a70db183c0778d1b9e35@teran ews,
enlightened us with...

Oh! G Sorry. I thought they were like the fruitcake of the
Easter basket!

They are for most people.
I like them, though.

But we all know I'm a little odd. LOL

Psst ....

I like

fruitcake. 8)

Old April 8th 05, 08:40 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article hbm5e.5346$yV3.858@clgrps12,
"Mathew Kagis" wrote:

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article __h5e.7056$VF5.2515@edtnps89,
"Mathew Kagis" wrote:

ummmm.... yes, it does. Adult onset diabetes is directly linked to

high
sugar consumption.

No, it's linked to obesity, lack of exercise, and genetics. Sugar
consumption doesn't trigger it, but those at risk diabetes need to
monitor their consumption of carbohydrates and fats.

Ok... I'm splitting hairs here.... & You're right.... However, Carbs are
basically sugar in another form. Sugar consumption (especially through
fatty fast food & soda pop) in North America is a HUGE contributor to
obesity... So, I was taking a shortcut to the same place....

In science and medicine, you just don't take those shortcuts.

Thanks for the info & the link. Not being a scientist, I doo tend to take
such shortcuts, please excuse my lack of precision. On a truly technical
level my knowledge of blood sugar disorders extends to my Ski Patrol
training. How to recognise & give emergency care to people suffering from
Insulin shock & Ketoacidocus (sp?)....

Cheers.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 8th 05, 08:54 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"kitkat" wrote in message
om...
CatNipped wrote:
"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
nk.net...

In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

I don't know why I was picturing a Twinkie as a
chocolate cupcake type snack!

That's Ho-Hos.

Please tell me you're joking!!! They actually named a snack after a

couple
of hookers!!?? ;

Wow, woman! You have been missing out on some seriously bad for you junk
food! Get out and get yourself a package of Twinkies, Hostess Cupcakes
AND some Ho-Hos. STAT. Oh, and get some Ding-Dongs too. Those are also
killer.

You left out Hostess Snowballs!! ;-)

Cathy

who has a sweet tooth?