FIP cat?

Old June 26th 05, 03:33 AM
CatNipped

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Phil, I'm sorry to write this but today I agreed to put my cat to
sleep. Last week he was slowly improving by getting A/D and then S/D
food until Thursday when he started to vomit again and became weaker
and weaker. I tried boiled rice on idea of possible pancreatitis but it
didn't work - he was getting worse. Today I tried to wash his paws that
is a stress, I know but I had to do something since he was urinating
under himself and wiping it out wasn't enough. Anyway, he lost
consciousness and stopped breathing for 5-10 seconds. He then came back
and I decided to go to the third vet to get yet another opinion. Upon
physical examination she said that she found some "object" in the liver
area that "is not supposed to be there" and week ago another vet didn't
feel anything there either. She said that HL is not the main reason for
her recommendation but that he probably has a tumor and in order to
confirm that she needs to perform biopsy but he wouldn't survive the
procedure. He lost about 600 grams for this week too.
I hope, I did everything I could and used every chance he had to
bring him back. Thank you for your time and all valuable information
you provided.

Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you did everything humanly
possible to save him, and in the end you gave him the kindest gift - even
though it must have hurt you to do so. Purrs to help heal your heart and a
candle will be lit tonight to help guide all the kitties we lost today to
the Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 27th 05, 03:06 AM
Mike

Thank you all for your sincere condolences. It did make me feel
better. After some time we'll probably get ourselves another cat. I'll
also need to find caring vet around here. I still not get used to idea
that putting pet to sleep is considered as a second option right away.
The first is usually something very expensive. I've gone through this
with very same cat and yet another vet 1 year(!) ago when he got
urinary tract inflammation and was urinating with blood literally
everywhere. Eventually he was given proper medication that helped him
recover that time and he lived one more happy year. Leaves you
wondering how much is worth such recommendation next time... Good luck
to everybody and your wonderful purring friends.

Old June 29th 05, 02:19 PM
Phil P.

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

I'm very sorry. I was really hoping for the best.

I hope you find this site comforting:

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Condolences,

Phil

Old June 29th 05, 03:13 PM
PawsForThought

Mike wrote:
I hope, I did everything I could and used every chance he had to
bring him back. Thank you for your time and all valuable information
you provided.

Mike, I am so sorry for your loss. It's always so hard to make that
decision, and one can't help questioning it afterwards. Believe me,
from everything you've posted here, it definitely sounds like you did
everything possible for your kitty, and ultimately you give him peace.

Lauren