Our travels With Tucker

Old July 22nd 05, 10:33 PM

Default Our travels With Tucker

Hello everyone,
Some may remember me from last year, just about this time. I was
actually around quite a bit. Since then I've been able to read
periodically but never post. (Not sure I can this time LOL)

When I last posted it was about taking a kitty full time RVing (since my
health required we immediately leave our home and state (Washington) or
plan my funeral, as said my Drs! lol We took option number one, bought a
40 ' RV and off we went on the open road.

My chief concerns about our then 2 year old Maine Coon, Tucker were
mostly focused around him getting enough exercise. He sorta just laid
around at first. He was lonely, to be sure. All his life he'd lived and
loved with our daughter's kitty as well and she stayed home with her kitty!
What I'd taken along to help with his daily exercise was his disc
shooter, which shoots the entire length of the RV, and he loves leaping
half way up the room to catch the discs LOL
Another was his laser light, which he loves to chase. And lastly, his
rabbit fur micies

It took Tucker a few months to totally get into the swing of things, so
to speak. But eventually he worked out his own exercise program, with
the help of the toys and Mom and Dad, of course G
One of his favorite games is for me to chase him the full length and
back, over and over LOL He indicates it it time to begin the game when
he flattens out on the floor and then looks both ways like he's actually
looking at something and then up at me and racing headlong to the
bedroom (at one end). It's then *my* turn LOL

I just wanted to let everyone know that RVing full time with a cat is
possible and a whole lot of fun! He's our baby and he loves being with us.
On a strange note, we recently arrived back home and I brought
daughter's kitty to the RV to visit and the once adoring friends could
only hiss and arch their backs Sad, but life.

If anyone has any questions about RVing with their kitties, holler!

Hailey