Can Kiki have a minor operation purr?

Old June 13th 09, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Alphonze[_2_]

Default Can Kiki have a minor operation purr?

Poor Kiki is in the vets right now awaiting a little surgery.

When she came to see me in bed this morning, she seemed her usual
self, but she wasn't closing her mouth all the way. I took a peek and
one of her top fangs was destroyed. The tip had gone and the remaining
fang was split up the middle all the way into the gum. It looked
agonising, and if that had been my tooth I would have been screaming -
but Kiki is much braver than I am.

I found the tip of the tooth in the middle of the bedroom floor. Looks
like she took a leap from the wardrobe and landed on her nose, silly
girl.

We went to our usual excellent vets (Kiki sang all the way in her
carrier, to the irritation of the taxi driver). Dr Kurt's opinion was
that extraction was the only answer, as the tooth was too smashed to
be fixed. So Kiki had a shot of local anaesthetic to control the pain
until this evening, when they will operate.

With luck, I can pick her up tonight and take her home. I hope she
doesn't have to overnight with the vet, because she's not going to
like that at all, clingy little thing that she is.

Please purr for an uneventful extraction and quick recovery for
Kiki... I already told her about all the splendid RPCA cats with
missing fangs, so she knows she's in good company.

Thanks
Al.
Old June 13th 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for you and Kiki are on the way.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old June 13th 09, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Alphonze wrote:
[...]

Poor baby! Lots of purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 13th 09, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jun 13, 2:54*am, Alphonze wrote:
[...]

Rusty, who had 2 teeth extracted, is purring for KiKi.

Winnie
Old June 13th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 13, 1:54*am, Alphonze wrote:
[...]

Poor Kiki! Cats do seem to recover from tooth extractions pretty well.
She'll feel so much better after she gets it over with. Hope it all
goes very well.

Sherry
Old June 13th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Alphonze" wrote in message
[...]

Of course she can have abundant purrs. Poor little girl.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old June 13th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Alphonze" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs on the way for an uneventful extraction and quick recovery.

Jill

Old June 13th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Alphonze[_2_]

Default Can Kiki have a minor operation purr? [UPDATE]

On Jun 13, 2:54*pm, Alphonze wrote:
Poor Kiki is in the vets right now awaiting a little surgery.

Thank you for all the purrs - they worked.

Kiki's home now, recovering from the anaesthetic. She's not too woozy,
but has a very creaky miaow. She's had a few mouthfuls of wet food,
and purrs when she's cuddled, so I think I'm almost forgiven.

Naughty, as I described before, is still a very protective big sister.
When Kiki came home Naughty pinned her down and washed her, and then
fetched her a catnip mouse.

The vets gave me the tooth as a grisly souvenir. I guess the tooth
fairy will be paying Kiki a visit tonight!

Old June 13th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven[_2_]

On Jun 13, 11:18*am, Alphonze wrote:
On Jun 13, 2:54*pm, Alphonze wrote:

Poor Kiki is in the vets right now awaiting a little surgery.

Thank you for all the purrs - they worked.

I didn't see your message before but it is good that the purring team
on here did their job.

Kiki's home now, recovering from the anaesthetic. She's not too woozy,
but has a very creaky miaow. She's had a few mouthfuls of wet food,
and purrs when she's cuddled, so I think I'm almost forgiven.

Naughty, as I described before, is still a very protective big sister.
When Kiki came home Naughty pinned her down and washed her, and then
fetched her a catnip mouse.

What a _good_ girl.

The vets gave me the tooth as a grisly souvenir. I guess the tooth
fairy will be paying Kiki a visit tonight!

What a good idea.

--
Will in New Haven

Naughty and Kiki are getting big! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 10 October 8th 08 05:24 PM
Kiki and Naughty (WT) - New photos [email protected] Cat anecdotes 13 September 11th 08 09:58 PM
Missing in Valley Cottage: Kiki the cat tension_on_the_wire Cat anecdotes 0 October 18th 06 11:35 PM
I miss Kiki Stan Gilbert Cats - misc 0 August 5th 05 10:28 AM
Kitty = 14.2 lbs, Kiki = 11.3 lbs John Doe Cat health & behaviour 13 July 4th 05 03:02 AM