Well, I Guess I Have A New Cat

Old July 31st 11, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Art Shapiro

Default Well, I Guess I Have A New Cat

I drove over to see the kitty after my ride today, the location being a
seaside community (Huntington Beach, CA) about fifteen miles from my
ride start/stop location. She turned out to be a quite small kitty,
super soft, and extremely friendly. She didn't even get upset at the
owner's chihuahua, about her size, who kept trying to nuzzle her.

So off we went. She started meowing rather loudly in the car, so I let
her out of the carrier. She explored my car as I drove, and finally
decided to camp out on the dashboard right in front of my face as I was
driving 75 MPH down the 405. Then, miraculously, she returned to the
carrier as I was a couple miles from home, making things really convenient.

After a small can of cat food got eagerly devoured, she decided she was
scared and hid under a bed for a half hour. All of a sudden, the house
must have been OK because she jumped on top of the bed and is now curled
up with my wife, clearly happy and purring away.

Emma is the only one who has seen her, and to my surprise only gave a
half-hearted hiss, far less aggressive than she normally is with the others.

I've taken one quick shot, not photographically superb, but here's
"Raven" sitting on a knick-knack shelf. The name probably won't stick.

http://www.ocrebels.com/Raven.jpg

I think she's going to be a real sweetie.

Art
Old July 31st 11, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/31/2011 3:58 PM, Art Shapiro wrote:
[...]

Wow, what a gorgeous cat! That tail seems longer than usual - I
*lusrve* long cat tails.

I don't think I've heard of an easier integration - wow again, I hope it
continues to go as smoothly.

Con-cat-ulations. I look forward to reading all of her adventures as
she makes a new home in your house and your hearts.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 31st 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Art Shapiro wrote:

I've taken one quick shot, not photographically superb, but here's
"Raven" sitting on a knick-knack shelf. The name probably won't stick.

http://www.ocrebels.com/Raven.jpg

I think she's going to be a real sweetie.

She's gorgeous! She looks a little like Persia. I don't think she's
lacking in assertiveness, either.

Joyce

--
Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
Old July 31st 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"Art Shapiro" wrote in message ...

I've taken one quick shot, not photographically superb, but here's
"Raven" sitting on a knick-knack shelf. The name probably won't stick.
I think she's going to be a real sweetie.
Art

Aww, she's lovely! We have a black cat too, but Sophie's a heavyweight!
Old July 31st 11, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/31/2011 4:41 PM, wrote:
Art Shapiro wrote:

I've taken one quick shot, not photographically superb, but here's
"Raven" sitting on a knick-knack shelf. The name probably won't stick.

http://www.ocrebels.com/Raven.jpg

I think she's going to be a real sweetie.

She's gorgeous! She looks a little like Persia. I don't think she's
lacking in assertiveness, either.

Joyce

Same thing I was thinking - she just seems a bit darker and may have a
bit longer hair, but seems a beautiful Russian Blue.

Old July 31st 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

[...]

Congrats!! She looks lovely!

Jay

Old August 1st 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Art Shapiro

On 7/31/2011 3:03 PM, CatNipped wrote:
she just seems a bit darker and may have a
bit longer hair, but seems a beautiful Russian Blue.

Thanks for the good wishes on poor Calico, everyone. I'd say of the
roughly 18 cats I've had, she's probably #2, and one of the few that
qualified for that difficult-to-define term "special".

That quickly-snapped picture is just a little darker than reality; the
picture looks closer to black than she really is.

Watermelon has come inside, but hasn't yet noticed her. Giovanni is
still outside, but on the property sitting on the back lawn. I suspect
that Raven is too small for him to condescend to notice, so I don't
expect any issues with Giovanni.

I hope she "understands" traditional clay litter; she's housebroken but
I didn't ask what sort of litter they used. I had shown her one of the
boxes as soon as she came in, but there's no interest yet.

Art

Old August 1st 11, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

I'm glad it's going so well. I agree - she certainly looks like a sweetie,
and her sociability so quickly certainly looks good.

Joy

Old August 1st 11, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

She's pretty! Thank you for giving her a home.

Jill

Old August 1st 11, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/31/2011 02:58 PM, Art Shapiro wrote:
[...]

She is a lovely looking kitty girl. We are sending purrs for her to be
happy with you and your home. I like the same of Raven although I would
add "sweetie pie". LOL.

Old saying: "When one door closes, anot
her opens"

Tell Giovanni to shape up or he will go to a shelter and that NO
Spraying is allowed.

Many years ago, our Ginger, a very large orange tabby, used to stay out
all nigtm winter and summer. In the morning he would come and make a
six foot jump to the bedroom window asking to come in. We would then
open the bathroom window (another six foot jump) and he would come in
for the day. He used to follow my mother like a dog would. When my
mother would go out at night on the bus. he would wait at the bus stop
for here to come home.
Best wishes and we send purrs for Raven to help you in your sorrow for
Calico. MLB