The Memorial Service

Old December 9th 03, 05:35 AM
Julie Cook

Default The Memorial Service

was very nice. The chapel was filled with Dianne's friends and family
and the
minister obviously knew Dianne very well - he did mention that he'd
known her since she was 8 y/o. But he knew Dianne - not just a member of

the church. He mentioned on frequent occasions her love of cats and the
work she did with rescue groups. He even incorporated four "cat quotes"
into her memorial. He mentioned her love of reading, her wit and her
love of her family...then he mentioned her love of cats.

I was able to pass on our group hug to Pat, Ramona and Sam and they
appreciate everyone's concern and thoughts. I had a chance to spend
about 30 minutes with them after the service and enjoyed talking to
them. As we already realize, they are all three delightful people. They
are holding up very well considering the circumstances and the fact that

they were planning an entirely different type of celebration this past
weekend. Pat seems to be trying to hold his emotions to himself and is
obviously under a great deal of strain. I wanted to just hold onto Sam
and Ramona though because you could tell they were hurting not only for
the loss of a woman they loved but because of the pain their son is
experiencing as well. It is a very tough situation all around.
Fortunately, Pat seems to have a very strong network of church family as

well as cat friends that will be there for him.

Pat is planning to stay in Marietta in the home that he and Dianne were
going to be living in and he will be adopting Dianne's siamese cats and
they will take care of each other. Sam is heading home tomorrow and
Ramona is staying a few more days with Pat then going to Alabama where
her mother lives and caring for her for a few weeks. I think Sam told
me they would be returning on the 20th to spend Christmas with Pat.
Hopefully I'll get to see them again while they are in town and I'm sure

I'll see Pat again.

Although she didn't ask, Ramona could use a few extra purrs for herself
right now. She was petting one of Dianne's cats the other day and the
cat bit her to indicate she was tired of being petted. Ramona said it
was a very light bite but her arm is horribly infected!! She went to the

Emergency Room and they gave her an injection of antibiotics and a
course of oral antibiotics but her arm looks much worse than mine did
when I was admitted for IV antibiotics. Her hand is swollen and the red

infection runs up her arm almost to her elbow. I am terribly worried
about her. They assured me that it looks much better than it did when
she went to the hospital but it still looks very bad. I'm sure a few
purrs and healing thoughts would help greatly.

It was a very emotional afternoon but I'm glad that I had the
opportunity to go so that all of the Nash's would know that we were all
thinking of them right now.

Julie

Old December 9th 03, 06:22 AM
Tanada

Julie Cook wrote:

Although she didn't ask, Ramona could use a few extra purrs for herself
right now. She was petting one of Dianne's cats the other day and the
cat bit her to indicate she was tired of being petted. Ramona said it
was a very light bite but her arm is horribly infected!!

Thanks for being there, Julie. I know it was hard for you, and we all
appreciate you being there for us all. Purrs and kind thoughts for Pat,
Sam, and Ramona from us all. Extra purrs and healing thoughts for
Ramona's arm. I know Diane's kitty didn't mean to hurt her.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old December 9th 03, 06:47 AM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote

Thanks for being there, Julie. I know it was hard for you, and we all
appreciate you being there for us all. Purrs and kind thoughts for Pat,
Sam, and Ramona from us all. Extra purrs and healing thoughts for
Ramona's arm. I know Diane's kitty didn't mean to hurt her.

What Pam said. Purrs all around.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 9th 03, 10:30 AM
Lois Reay

Thanks for the update Julie - I know it is a very difficult time for
everyone and so sad.

Purrs for Ramona's arm to heal quickly.

Lois

Old December 9th 03, 10:41 AM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Ramona's arm and lots of gentle hugs for
her and others who are hurting,
--
Polonca & Soncek

was very nice. snip

Old December 9th 03, 01:50 PM
Victor Martinez

Thanks for the update. We'll keep purring for all of the families
affected and also for Ramona's arm to heal soon.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 9th 03, 09:07 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Thanks so much for being there for us, Julie, and for the update.

Purrs that Ramona's arm heals well and quickly. And gentle hugs and
purrs to Pat, Sam and Ramona in this terrible time.

Ginger-lyn

Old December 9th 03, 10:05 PM
Lisa Katt

Ginger-lyn Summer skrev i meddelandet
Thanks so much for being there for us, Julie, and for the update.

Purrs that Ramona's arm heals well and quickly. And gentle hugs and
purrs to Pat, Sam and Ramona in this terrible time.

Ginger-lyn

What Ginger-lyn said!
Purrs from Sweden,
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old December 9th 03, 11:19 PM
Bev

Lisa Katt wrote:

Ginger-lyn Summer skrev i meddelandet
Thanks so much for being there for us, Julie, and for the update.

Purrs that Ramona's arm heals well and quickly. And gentle hugs and
purrs to Pat, Sam and Ramona in this terrible time.

Ginger-lyn

What Ginger-lyn said!
Purrs from Sweden,
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Special purrs from New Zealand and hugs to Pat Sam and Ramona from us
all.

Bev and John, Bonnie, Clyde and FluffySP
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old December 10th 03, 12:09 AM
Brenda

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
[...]